Post YOUR Coupe here
By Ecc0
#244841 So have been building this car for WAY to long and now need it ready so have been pulling out all the stops and my wallet to get the final few bits to get her running.

Spec is similar to my last coupe and much of the parts have come over from it

http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=4120&highlight=

I originally was simply going to shell my car but after being inspired by the likes of Grat and Teal_DX I felt I had to pull out all the stops on this to get my car looking half as good.

So current spec list is

Honda Civic EJ2 (EG) Coupe
B16A2 Engine Conversion
Wire Tucked Engine Bay
Shaved Engine Bay
Custom Hel Brake lines
Custom Hel clutch line
Custom Hel fuel line with in-line fuel filter
Password JDM rad stay
Password JDM cam seal
Hyper Flex Poly torque mounts
VTI Sub Frame
DC Sports 4-1 manifold
SRS De-Cat Pipe
Apexi N1 Exhaust System

Carbon Fiber CAI with AEM High Flow Air Filter

FP Racing Short Shifter
VTI Front Calipors with Braded lines (Accord TypeR calipors on way)
VTI Rear Disk Brakes with Braded Lines
Brembo Disks Front and Rear

SRS Front upper Camber Correction
D2 Coilovers (32 way adjustable)
D2 LCA's
D2 Rear Camber Correction
Complete Poly Bush set inc trailing arm

Summit Front upper Strut Brace
Summit Rear Upper Strut Brace
Beaks rear low tie (On Route)
ASR subframe brace (On Route)
Civic VTI Front ARB
Civic VTI Rear ARB

Prelude Seats
5Zigen Steering wheel
Password JDM shifter knob
Password JDM ally battery with Odyssey Dry Cell Battery

Amber corner lights
EK coupé side skirts
USDM rear licence plate holder
Sunroof visor
Door window visors
Rear window visor (on route)
HID Head lights (On way)

So here's a few pics of where I'm up to

So have had to stretch the wiring loom on both the engine side and car side.

Started like this

Took this out of it

And have mocked it up ready to wrap it once I get the new longer power leads

Car side loom has been extended and put in place with the odd bit moved to hide it

Have installed my new battery, don't forget I'm in the UK so is behind the passenger seat

Have started welding all none needed holes and seam welded in the engine bay then ground down all excess weld and started to add the filler and sanding back the excess of that to shape it all nice.

My custom Hel brake lines arrived

As I already have Goodridge lines from the callipers I had the Hel lines made to marry up with these as so, here's a test fit.

Have fitted all the poly bushes throughout and had a bit of fun getting the old ones out, my method was to use a shopping trolly I found round the back of my unit, a broken pallet and some brake cleaner and hey presto FIRE :thumb:

The old bush still burning, love it

All new poly bushes fitted

Here a few pics of other bits still to go on the car and things that I've done.

Sunroof visor

This is my Rear brake hard lines now on the inside of the firewall

Trailing arm bushes fitted

Here's my rear suspension fitted in place, still need to set ride hight all round

Here's hope stiff my set up was on my old coupé

Will keep more pics coming as I get more done hope you like this and please leave comments and opinions.
Last edited by Ecc0 on Wed Apr 06, 2011 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ecc0
#244847 Forgot to put that in am leaving it stripped out, all sound deadening has gone and putting grip tape in the foot wells and on the pedals
By Flush93Civic
#244912 Wow... I'm jealous much... tuck and shave... Plus tones of PasswordJDM goodies! Looking good so far man, I will be keeping an eye on your build! :woot:
By andyc
#244996 yeah looks great buddy, im guessing itll be ready for mimms?
By Ecc0
#245000 That's the plan just waiting for the fuel rail to arrive so I can measure it up and order my fuel lines then have everything I need to finish her still undecided on colour for the engine bay either going black or cosmic grey and think the grey will look the tits
By kapow
#245002 It says in your engine bay, Honda of America but you're in the UK?

So you guys get american delivered Civics?
By Ecc0
#245096 Every Coupe was built in the US and then sent to each country after that and I believe the same is said for the del sol that they were all built in Japan and sent to each country from there.

Thanks for the coments so far am waiting on my new benen fuel rail then will be able to mock up the lengths for the custom fuel line and get that ordered so will get some more pics up soon
Last edited by Ecc0 on Sat Apr 02, 2011 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Boods
#245136 Bloody hell you're doin a proper job on this! love it!

Also where'd you manage to pick up that roof visor? Been looking for one of those for bloody ages!

Love the look of your garage too! Is that a B series next to the del sol just laying about? :P

Just checked out your old coupe - phoar. Looks real sleeper considering what it was like, and that road trip to the 'ring looked proper fun. Planning another trip this year?
By Ecc0
Boods wrote:Bloody hell you're doin a proper job on this! love it!

Also where'd you manage to pick up that roof visor? Been looking for one of those for bloody ages!

Love the look of your garage too! Is that a B series next to the del sol just laying about? :P

Just checked out your old coupe - phoar. Looks real sleeper considering what it was like, and that road trip to the 'ring looked proper fun. Planning another trip this year?

Thanks fella.

I got the visor off of Boricuanology on here so it came over from the US.

Yes thats one of the spare B series engines I have, in total I have 4 blocks 3 gear boxes and loads of other engine and chassis parts. That pick is only half of my unit the other side has the Supra and a Mk1 Golf Gti in it plus then we have storage outside which now has 2 del sol's an LDV van and a Mk1 Golf Cab.

Yeah the ring is amazing I poo'd my pants all the way round, would love to go back again this year just not sure as my Mrs is due to give birth to my first kid in May so might have to wait till next year at least.
By Ecc0
#245164 It's just my hobby got out of hand and I started to get parts then ran out of space at home so got a small unit so got more parts ran out of space again so got and even bigger unit and more parts

Here's a quick pan shot I took a while ago of my unit

Have moved it about a bit since this and got the car lift in now too, plus more cars also about the work bench is a storage area with some S2000 seats 2 set of prelude seats, 3 black dashes and I think EG vti rear plastics too
By andyc
#245167 awsum, if you wanna sell the rear plastics and a set of prelude seats, lemme know :D