Post YOUR Coupe here
By Eg6H2D
#247667 Sick! I want to see that plate holder on!!! =] :thumb:
By Ecc0
EG6b20R wrote:Sick! I want to see that plate holder on!!! =] :thumb:

I'll hopefully be fitting it this week coming if I can get a new plate made
By Ecc0
#248473 So 6 days till the mimms meet and making good progress here's a few pic's of what I got up to yesterday.

So I walked into my unit with my coupe looking like this

Then using some parts I picked up the other day I got on and did this, I know this has a build thread but thought I would show my pic's here.

Job done and I think it looks sweet, I have an idea for the left overs of the grip tape so will get that up once I plan it out and do it.

Then got my mate South African Mike over and he helped with the last bit of welding I needed doing and have got this done.

So by 10pm I left her looking like this

Plans for today are get her fillered and start getting a few coats of primer down, then while that is drying will be de0greasing my engine getting that ready for a spray and will change my cam seal too.
By andyc
#248487 and an MOT booked for 3 days time!! I spose your off work so shouldnt be too bad...
By TNFBandit
#248488 looking great, i hope i can get to the point one day with my car to shave the bay like that...keep up the good work!
By Punksz6
#248514 very nice work so far. :thumb:
By Ecc0
#248658 So another busy day at the unit got the final bits of sanding done and layed down the first coat of primer.

Here's the engine bay all taped up ready

And how she looks now

Then while this was drying I thought I would get on with cleaning my engine as thanks to a leaking cam seal it's bee caked in grease, I started by splitting the gearbox and engine

You can see my Exedy clutch plate :thumb: , I have stage 1 clutch and lightened Exedy fly wheel.

Then set to work on the gearbox started off not looking to good.

Quick de-grease and a bit of tape and ready for spray.

Then a quick shake of the can and all nice and shiny again.

Also will be adding this when it's put back together.

Then took a look at my manifold and really wasn't happy with the way it was looking.

So gave this a clean up and got it ready for spray and finished looking like this

By andyc
#248662 awesome progress mate, I'm looking forward to seeing it on Sunday :D
By Ecc0
#248879 So not done much on the car itself yesterday but went and got some other bits sorted.

My Benen fuel rail turned up finally :woot: (will get pics up later) so had to call Hel and get them to change my order for my fuel lines, plus had decided that instead of using the hard lines for the rear and fuel line I'm gonna go full braided for them all.

Then went and spoke to Darth Vadar and got him to strip my cam cover, got a few pics of it going on.

And got it to look like this before dropping it off down to the powder coaters

Been told will be ready Friday so can't wait to pic this up.

Coz of the time frame I've moved my MOT to sat morning as gonna pull an all nighter tonight to finish the spray job in the bay and get the engine in place but this is now waiting on my fuel line which I've been told will be here for Friday.
By andyc
#248881 I wish Id had my wheels shotblasted, I spent 4hrs saturday sanding them, and theyre only half done! theyre gonna look good satin blackd tho...

Mate, this is one crazy week for you then, if I was nearer I'd lend a hand :thumb:
By Ecc0
#248887 Tell you what I could do with it lol, the only things to do now is wait on parts from Hel, and clean my engine, fit it all back together which won't take long have put enough of these back together
By andyc
#248888 ive gotta assemble my Z6 in a couple weeks... I have no idea if it will be a runner, I took someones word for it but it had the wrong dizzy!
By dbrooks
#249098 dang, this thing is turning out awesome! :thumb:
By Ecc0
andyc wrote:ive gotta assemble my Z6 in a couple weeks... I have no idea if it will be a runner, I took someones word for it but it had the wrong dizzy!

If your rebuilding it and have done everything right there is not reason why it won't run even if it was a none runner to start with