Post YOUR Coupe here
By Ecc0
#249109 So even more done yesterday and I ended staying at my unit till 3am and have come to a startling revelation that I'm not as young as I used to be and can't hack doing speed builds like I used to.

Anyway I under sealed my front wheel arches but when I was cleaning off the dirt from underneath I used my grinder and put a hole into my engine so had to weld a plate and refill in the hole in the bay so this set me back and pissed me of so I have left the bay to today's jobs.

The BIGGEST thing now is if my lines don't turn up from Hel today then the car won't be finished for Sunday.

Here's a few pic's of what I've been up to

Wheel wells under sealed

All rear brake and fuel hard lines taken out as all going braided

Painted my engine

Put my gearbox back together

Then put the 2 together

Then fitted my Benen composite fuel rail, not sure if anyone else has this one but found that the standard bolts were a little longer than the bored thread on the rail see in the pic

So added some washers to bring it all together

And all fitted

Then finally as I'm not going to run power steering so I made up my own recirculating wet rack by cutting the hose to the size I wanted filling fluid till it was full and flowing well then closed the loop with a clip

By andyc
#249110 I really hope they turn up, wont you just use the standard lines for now?
By Ecc0
andyc wrote:I really hope they turn up, wont you just use the standard lines for now?

2 problems with this first I bought a dog dirt ebay set of pipe flare's that wouldn't flare the standard hardlines as they're made of tougher stuff.

And B I had to cut the old lines out rather than removing the fuel tank to get them out some am now at a stand still till they arrive.
By andyc
#249113 ghey, are they supposed to be here by now?
By Ecc0
#249116 Due in today so have to wait and see but like everything for this build it's down tot he wire, right now I'm feeling like I'll be rolling in the Mb on sunday
By andyc
#249117 thatd be a shame... Ill deineteky come for the seats too, whens best for you? also, do i need to bring anything to fit them?
By Ecc0
#249129 You'll need some flat metal strip, about 1.5 inc by 4 inch for each seat it'll need to be strong enough to be used as a seat bracket shouldn't cost much and is a simple install to do

On the update front, postman only had bills so not gonna have enough time to put it back together in time for sunday so easing up a bit and taking it easy today.

Just popped down and picked up my cam cover but will put pic's up once the engine is in the car and all running.

Am well gutted but will be a mimms in my Mb
By andyc
#249130 ah mate, that sucks... do you reckon youll get the seats in the mb? or shall I come to the unit??
By Ecc0
#249131 The Mb's nick name is MASSIVE civic so should be able to fit them in, unless you wanted to come up and see where the magic happens lol
By andyc
#249136 you reckon we'd get them fitted at the unit? where abouts is it actually?
By Ecc0
#249180 I'll pm you my postcdoe then we can drive to my unit together as it's not the easiest to find did you want to get them fitted before the meet which will start at 3 it takes about 30 mins to get to mimms from mine so you'd need to be at mine for about 1.30 if you can make it for then, I'll get the brackets made up for you tomorrow
By andyc
#249181 that sounds like an awesome idea buddy, send the details thru and ill get them in the satnav... I thought it started earlier than that? that is good... it'd be great to get them fitted straight away too :D
By Ecc0
#249279 So 8am this morning got a knock at the door and is a nice box from Hel so even though it's late I though yay can get them fitted and then the car will nearly be done so took a look at my new lines and found that the 2 for the rear brakes have come through at the wrong lengths they should of been 3100mm but they have come through at 310mm so a kittle bit shorter than I need as they're closed for the weekend will have to give them a call on Monday to see what we can do to sort this little mishap
By andyc
#249304 yeah, a tad shorter :lol:

I'm really sorry to do this mate but I'm gonna have to come back up next weekend for those seats :( My Mrs was supposed to be paid yesterday and wasnt, I'll have the cash next weekend once I've been paid it just means coming back up again to get them sorted...

I've still got the fuel to come out tomorrow but cant do mimms and seats in one trip, sorry dood