Post YOUR Coupe here
By civickid18
#239095 hey yall, i used to have a 95 hatch but a sold it due to rust issues and the autotragic transmission. i just picked up a b18b1,tranny, and ecu all with 180xxxkm for $400. I bought this motor for 2 reasons. A:they are everywhere so parts aren't to hard to come by B:they are badass in when swapped into an EG. My goal for the motor is between 150-175whp(N/A). I currently do not have a chassis to put the motor in but that time will come. I will be asking for your advice during the build because i don't really know much about the b-series motor. The tear down of the motor should begin after this weekend.

Headwork plans:
Crower stage 2 camshaft
Crower springs and retainers
APR fasteners

Block plans:
Crower lightweight sportsman rods w/ARP fasteners
Crower STD size 10.5:1 pistons
ACL main/rod bearings

can anyone tell me if i will have to change any of my fuel system or tune my ecu?
By d-mon
civickid18 wrote:hey yall, i used to have a 95 hatch but a sold it due to rust issues and the autotragic transmission. i just picked up a b18b1,tranny, and ecu all with 180xxxkm for $400. I bought this motor for 2 reasons. A:they are everywhere so parts aren't to hard to come by B:they are badass in when swapped into an EG. My goal for the motor is between 150-175whp(N/A). I currently do not have a chassis to put the motor in but that time will come. I will be asking for your advice during the build because i don't really know much about the b-series motor. The tear down of the motor should begin after this weekend.

Headwork plans:
Crower stage 2 camshaft
Crower springs and retainers
APR fasteners

Block plans:
Crower lightweight sportsman rods w/ARP fasteners
Crower STD size 10.5:1 pistons
ACL main/rod bearings

can anyone tell me if i will have to change any of my fuel system or tune my ecu?

you will want to tune for those cams and compression
By civickid18
#239184 crower also has 9:1 pistons and stock compression is 9.2:1 would i still need a tune or will i just have to get a tune because of the cams? so for newb questions but i need all the info i can get
By Ajax1989
civickid18 wrote:crower also has 9:1 pistons and stock compression is 9.2:1 would i still need a tune or will i just have to get a tune because of the cams? so for newb questions but i need all the info i can get

there is no such thing as a nood question.. well maybe but when it comes to motor work all the info u can get is the best, even if u know it, its always good to know someone else has done the same

and d-mon here knows what he is talkin about, he is very helpfull

but when u tune the car, alot of things come into play even if u lowered the compression