Post YOUR Coupe here
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#234846 I work for Superior Lighting on 24th and martha. We have a big warehouse where we can pull cars in and work on them.
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#234870 Nah that's next door. We do lights and signs.
By dbrooks
#243266 omaha has better cars then KC. i might drive up there when i buy a new eg :thumb:
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#275243 well, its been awhile since my last update. I've been fairly busy over the past few months. I stockpiled an all new front end, got it primered and installed. thankfully that pretty much fixed any issues i had with the body not lining up. i also got some fog lights, wrapped my mirror covers in carbon fiber vinyl, got a new steering wheel, some gsr leather seats for the front, painted my valve cover, got an upper strut bar, dropped her a couple inches, hooked up some 6x8's to replace my blown rear deck speakers, put in an optional audio console, got some new taillights, and had a header installed and new 2" pipe all the way back. thats really all that I can think of right now, it's still pretty early.
anyway heres a quick pic from my phone. I'll take some better ones tonight and put those up.
By Punksz6
#275291 :thumb:
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#275624 ok, here she is all put back together

the front end realigned with new hood, driver fender, fron bumper with fogs, and passenger fender primered to match:

lightly tinted 50/50's:

gsr seats and you can see the custom door inserts and pockets:

under the hood:

i think my christmas present to myself this year will be either a mini me swap or a full z6
By Punksz6
#275724 Nice and straight!! Like the Valve cover :thumb:
By UpgrayeddEJ2
#276897 Thanks it's fern green.
I am going to pick up a d16a6 shortblock later this week. It's only 50 bucks, so I figure at the very least I can get the cam out of it and scrap the rest to get most of my money back.
At the most, if it's in good shape I may keep it and build it up for turbo or a mini me. I know that theres not much difference between it and a d15b7, but it'll be something I can work on and still drive the car.
But either way the cam will go into the b7 for now.

I've done a bunch of research on it and it looks like I will need to use a mix of crx and eg mounts, a d16z6 IM with fuel rail and injectors. I am unsure about which dizzy and ecu to use though. I know it will definitely need tuned when it's done, but do I go with the a6 ecu or keep the b7 I have now since it won't have vtec?
I know the a6 isn't the most powerful, but I figure since it a good deal it will be a good first engine build.