Post YOUR Coupe here
By MG6
#326158 :o . Wow. How I missed this thread. Nice built and the k series should have been the oe on the eg.

I like the red but the grey is clean. Not matter what, both looks good.
By kylenjdm93
#326181 I agree

thanks for the comments! I caught the civic bug again, gonna be putting the interior back together and installing my windows soon, I also want to finish the body, has some minor dents I can feel, you cant see them hardly at all, but I know they are there, and its driving me crazy, ive already blocked the quarters need to fix the doors and fenders, not too bad though.

the polish look is way to distracting with the sticker bombed engine bay, same with the grey, and the blue, plus I am going to be keeping my engine all in the same family.. :thumb:

type r / type s valve cover is ment to be on that engine

im keeping the k20a block, and head, as well as the transmission, its a fun car for me to drive around, also going to meets will be fun as well.

im not about making my fun fancy car a drag racer...

although.... it is fun once in a while :D
By kylenjdm93
#329492 haven't really worked on my civic for a while until yesterday and today, I took some pics of what I have been working on.

here ya go
(text on top picture on bottom)

here is my semi-polished meaning not 100% complete rbc manifold, I cut down my karcepts tb adapter plate for use of my map sensor, for some reason my kpro doesn't like my map on the manifold so I moved it to the correct place on the skunk2 70mm tb, the hole for the map is still on the rbc, I have no plans on shaving them off so I am gonna tap it and put a bolt in it for now may need it for a guage or something one day

tapping in progress, its just sittin there, don't worry

I have to drill out the hole a little bit for the allen bolt to fit properly flush

front shot

side shot

my fat fives, left one is cleaned up and polished right one... well, its frigin dirty

By kylenjdm93
#329495 I re did my intake, I didn't like the air box, some people change rims and tires all the time I change intakes... for now, I have a huge shoe collection and I will begin a rim collection as well

on to the pics

(weld looks kinda crappy but hey for not welding in over 8 months it looks damn good)

on the bottom of the steel pipe, you can see a a/n fitting, it goes to the valve cover for re-circ

hey look! my cowling is in finally, need to purchase a new one some time soon

By kylenjdm93
#329496 on to the autobody

did some patch repair

all I have to do is tape it all off, wet sand her down good, and paint.. finally...
By kylenjdm93
#329497 teaser pic...

some suspension shots, how she sits as of now, have more to buy and install down the road

here is were my filter goes, I plan on going boost soon so im not wiling to purchase fogs for my coupe until I know if they will fit with charge piping or not, but for now this is how it is

By TrailerTrash
#329500 how did you get the small side windows out? i need to remove one of mine and im terrified ill break it
By kylenjdm93
TrailerTrash wrote:how did you get the small side windows out? i need to remove one of mine and im terrified ill break it

I had to pull the interior rear quarter plastic, and the back rest of the rear seats, I used window removal wire from oreillys, autozone should have it but im not a fan of autozone overpriced...

push the wire thru the rubber glue junk from the inside have someone on the out, take a piece of steel strip 1/8" thick will do, drill a hole in it, you need 2, sometimes the kits come with the handles

wear gloves!!!

you wind up the wire in your tool you made out of the steel and saw back and forth at a steep angle, its a pain in the a** but you will get it, I glued my window back in and I didn't hold it in long enough and the window fell on the floor hard and no scratches at all didn't break

I am sure they are tempered glass, pretty strong for what it is

the rear window was the hardest because I have big hands and it was a tight space to saw back and forth lol

good luck bro!

you can also use a thick razor blade too, but your more likely to cut yourself that way I always get cut working with sharp blades while using a lot of force and pressure on them lol

wear mechanics gloves! plenty of padding!
By TrailerTrash
#329557 awesome! thank you :thumb:
By kylenjdm93
#329563 no problem!
By kylenjdm93
#329564 I found a calibration for my brian crower stage 2 camshafts, I probably shoulda gone with the stage 3's but looking at the duration and lift of the camshafts I went with the stage 2 plus it was a smoking deal I could not pass it up...

anyway he was able to get 234whp with just cams and kpro

I have cold air intake, 70mm tb, rbc intake manifold ported, hondata heat shield gasket, hybrid racing 4-1 performance race header, 12.5:1 pistons and rods, obviously the rods wont do much be super strong

anyway.... lets see if I can dial it in tomorrow

have to take into effect the essentials

1. his engine is not my engine

2. ambient air temperature

3. intake air temperature

4. fuel used i.e. 91 octaine versus 87

5. piston compression oem type s is 11.1:1, type r is 11.5:1, mine is 12.5:1

lets see how I do with adjusting this tune tomorrow
By kylenjdm93
#329565 I found a calibration for my brian crower stage 2 camshafts, I probably shoulda gone with the stage 3's but looking at the duration and lift of the camshafts I went with the stage 2 plus it was a smoking deal I could not pass it up...

anyway he was able to get 234whp with just cams and kpro

I have cold air intake, 70mm tb, rbc intake manifold ported, hondata heat shield gasket, hybrid racing 4-1 performance race header, 12.5:1 pistons and rods, obviously the rods wont do much be super strong

anyway.... lets see if I can dial it in tomorrow

have to take into effect the essentials
By kylenjdm93
#334248 alright, so we moved! :woot: :woot:

I have been playing around with the kpro

also thinking about buyin some knock off volks from rota cause im a cheapskate, rather put my money in my bay