Post YOUR Coupe here
By RPGonzos_EJ
#214639 My toy 1994 Honda Civic DX Coupe .. i have had this car for several years and its finally being brought back from the dead. It has always been owned by me but went through three other drivers because it was always my "extra" car. Now its back to being MY toy and being treated right :)

What it looked like after i cleaned it and changed from some black painted stock wheels. It was a simple car, lowered with a B18A1 swap and your basic bolt ons.

What it looks like after a weekend in my garage.

I got a full GSR swap that was BONE stock for a steal of a price that is on the engine stand now ( ill try and get pics of it later ) that will be going in after some metal cleaning and repainting of the chassis.

Hope you like it as much as i have :)
Last edited by RPGonzos_EJ on Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Punksz6
#214644 Nice Coupe ur building there!! :thumb:
By jayEGR
#214693 swwweeetttttttttt :thumb: me likeiiiee
By ron_kimi
#214696 nice clean ride man! I like the rims! :thumb:
By RPGonzos_EJ
#214937 Ha, thanks.

The rims are actually el cheapos i picked up while i was working for Discount Tire. But i thought they looked nice against the green sooo yeaaaa

Looks like this is also a place for a build thread so ill go ahead and update the list of parts here.

Mods:
B18C1 full swap (enigne & tranny)
Complete tear down and rebuild with Honda lower and upper gasket/seal kits

(I did all the OEM type-r stuff simply because it was easier to find at the same price, and its basically the same as the GSR in most aspects)
Type-R Water Pump
Type-R Oil Pump
Type-R Timing Belt
Type-R Valves

Omni Dual Valve Springs
Omni Titanium Retainers

Skunk2 Pro Intake Manifold
DC Sports 4-2-1 Header

Blox 72mm TB (little large plan on FI later, plus the seller mis-shipped i originally ordered a 68mm)

Fidanza Lightweight Flywheel (need a new friction plate though)

Koyo Full Aluminum Radiator
FAL Radiator Fan

Black Anodized Innovative Motor Mounts

Still need:
Clutch (suggestions? I have always loved 6 puck clutches but still in the air)

Oil Pan: Moroso 20911 Street/Strip

Other odds and ends.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#217323 Well car came out of the garage this past weekend for a quick bath before all the welding and body work is to commence. My wife suggested i try and "document" a work in progress for the car and this build thread will help me do that a lot.

Single shot of the GSR motor on the stand, had a few other shots of it but it was SOOO bright that day i couldn't see the preview on the LCD of the camera and i just looked at them and most were WAY to bright to salvage .. oh well it needs to be cleaned up still too.

Anyone who has broken a CV joint knows it can get messy ... on top of breaking a few (they were all used i was broke and living at my dads at the time) and going down my dads 200 yard limestone driveway the engine bay to a beating with dirt.

nothing a little gas powered pressure washer at 2600 PSI couldn't take care of.

and a shot of a little corner damage that was on the car when i originally bought it YEARS ago ... just now actually caring enough to fix it!

More to come as we progress with the body work. We are purchasing new guns for primer and paint this weekend and some other odds and ends we need for body work. We have everything already but its sorta dated and we want to get updated lol.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#221845 Did some welding and grinding in the engine bay, not completely done but getting there.

Got a few more holes to fill and than of course switch from grinding to sanding, body filler and some primer to come!

Anyone wanting to do this on your own my advice .... get a SMALL die grinder along with a normal grinder ... i'm using my 4 & 4.5" grinder everywhere. But a small die grinder with like a 2" head would have been wonderful lol.
By RPGonzos_EJ
#224311 Not much work done lately ... been busy getting the TL sold which it finally did ... and also been busy picking up my new toy so the civic has some company in the garage!!!

It joins the civic tomorrow in the garage!!
By RPGonzos_EJ
#230339 Well civic just got a little more company ...

Crappy cell pic ... it's a 2000 Honda Civic HX with 221K miles. Nothing wrong with it runs smooooth and quiet. Its a damn monster truck right now, in the process of ordering some Tokico blues and Tein STech springs for it.

This will be my daily go getter, our Mustang I have been driving is annoying me and I'm tired of putting the amount of gas I have to.

Also in the process of ordering all the body panels I need for my green one, body prep should be finished by next weekend, this weekend i will be "busy" drinking to much lol