Post YOUR Coupe here
By CMDeOro
#208613 Hey guys,

I am starting yet another build thread.

Lets me give you the story first. I had a 2007 Chevrolet Silverado LTZ leased and a 1990 Honda Civic Si EF w/ Poormans Type R. Then, my fiance does a pregnancy test and it comes out positive.

So happens to be a that my lease is coming to an end.

I hate making payments for a car so I bought my new DD 1993 Honda Civic DX EJ. I bought it for $2000.00. It was completely STOCK. Even the radio!!!

The only bad things it had was the Shocks, and the radio didn't work.

Well, here are some pics of how it currently stands.

The Interior is tan but I am slowly going to convert it all to black.

I had these mugen pedals and Shift knob on my EF. I had to put them on. the EJ. I LOVE mugen.

One more bad thing that I noticed after I bought the car. The Ignition lock was broken.

My goals are to make it a clean looking daily that will last me for years to come.

I'm going to start with fixing the shocks. Then I am going to start converting the interior black. I already have the RSX Seats and Rear seats.

I will be posting with pictures every single thing that I do.

All the work will be done by myself at my shop. Unless of course I can't do it. <---- RARE.... lol

-----MODIFICATIONS----------
Powertrain:
D15b
Valveline Fully Synthetic Oil 0w-20

Suspension:
OBX Coil Overs
Tokico Blue Shocks

Exterior:
EX Lip

Interior:
Mugen Pedal
Mugel Shift Knob
Sony Hide Away Radio
4x Pioneer 4 way 6.5'' Speakers

Wheels and Tires:
17'' ICW Silver Wheels 4x100 +35 Offset
Falken ZE912 205/40ZR17

Brakes:
N/A

-----TABLE OF CONTENTS-----
Page 1
The beginning
DIY Replacing Front Shocks
DIY Replacing Rear Shocks
After Tokico Blues and OBX coilovers Pictures
Page 2
Tire Install
Wax and Clay bar
Stance Pictures
Page 3
HID's
Last edited by CMDeOro on Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
By solchild93
#208699 awww i miss my EJ ... lol good come up bro and making payment does sucks im stuck making payment on my s2k :( but ur ride looks like a clean and great start for some crazy and simple ideas... lol keep us post it.
By jayEGR
#208779 nice stock coupe cant wait for what the future has in store it has alot of potential :thumb: :thumb:
By CMDeOro
#209221 UPDATE #1

Since, I have to make this car drivable right way, and I'm running low on funds. I decided to look for some cheap used shocks. I was able to 4 good used shock for $50.00. So, I decided to install them.

Every post I put up I will attempt to make it a DIY.

Lets start with some pictures first off.

There is something special about looking at parts in a box. Weather it be new or used. Lol. It like a very good looking girl in a bikini.
:thumb:

This is what was actually in the box

And now for the Disassembly...

First, you must of course jack up the car and keep it stabilized with jack stands.

Then remove the wheel of the side your working on. In the pictures, I am doing the front passenger side first. Both Front Shocks are removed the exact same way.

Remove the top bolts, under the hood.

Then, remove the wheel if you haven't already.

Remove both 10mm bolts that hold the brake line.

Also, remove it from the actual strut. 2x 12mm Bolts.

Remove the cotter pin from the Upper Ball Joint Nut. Cutting pliers work great. Then, remove the 17mm or 14mm nut. (For some reason they were different on my car from side to side.)

Not really neccesary to remove but I do it because it makes my life easier. Remove the tie rod end. Their is another cotter pin and 17mm, here.

Remove the strut from the lower control arm. 17mm bolt and nut on opposing end.

The whole assembly should come right out after that. Becareful when removing that last bolt because it might just fall on you.

Remove the strut assembly fork. 17mm and slides right off.

This is what you should have left.

Grab the shock with a Visegrip. This prevents the shock from spinning and shooting out.

BEWARE!!! When removing this bolt the spring tension will be released and the shock might want to shoot out. You can prevent this by buying spring compressors, or you can just make sure it doesnt shoot at anything. 14mm on top of strut assembly.

Besure to keep everything in the best order possible. Incase you are to busy looking for the parts that just flew all over your yard. This is a disassebled view.

Now to put it all back together you do the same thing just backwards. lol.

Check out how bad my shocks were.

Found Out the front springs were cut too. Good thing I had some EF springs that were in good shape. Those Ef spring fit perfectly and brought me back up to stock height. I was hopeing for a drop.

Next post will be the rear shocks!!
By CMDeOro
#209225 REAR SHOCKS.

Remove strut bolts in the trunk.

Again you don't have to remove the rear lower control arm, but for me it makes life easier so I remove everything. Remove both front and rear control arms bolts. WARNING!!! This will drop the whole strut assembly. 2x 14mm bolts.

Then remove strut from the lower control arm.

Then you disassemble the strut the same way as the front and reassemble the opposite from disassemble.

Lucky for me on the driver side rear shock there was a broken bolt. I had to of course cut it off completely.

...this is the side I cut off.

This is what i used....

That's when i realized the bushing was broken dry rot anyway so I went to the junkyard and picked up a LCA for 20 bucks.

The car rides 30 times better and safer.

The next thing I am gonna try to take care of is the radio.
I'll keep you guys posted.
By CMDeOro
gostt wrote:Are me eyes playing with me or you got a brown interior in a civic :o :o :o

If its that, thats awesome, never seen that before :thumb:

Yes, I do but i hate it!! I am definately going for black.
By gostt
#209232 Well, im not a huge fan too, but in France we don't have that interior at all, so its fun to see that!

Black is muuuuch better for sure :thumb:
By Punksz6
#209396 Nice work!! Like the DYI's!! Keep up the good work!! :thumb:
By CMDeOro
#224236 Well, its been a while since I've updated.

The shocks that I had installed ended up being the worst!!

So I went ahead and bought Tokico Blues and my friend gave me some OBX Coilovers. I normally dont like OBX but you can't beat free. lol.

I also went and bought some ICW Silver 17" Wheels on craigslist for 150.00

This is the end result.

I am currently looking for the Steering column and EX cluster. I will do a DIY for that also.