Post YOUR Coupe here
By jayEGR
#204610 alright guys , bare with me here iam learning as i go but also researched a lot but not enough so heres my thread , i am looking in to doing a b20b swap so far no vtec swap just for now later on in the future i will here is some pics of me taking out my motor ....my first one but iam never gunna have someone put me down and say u should http://civic-eg.com/posting.php?mode=newtopic&f=60take it to the shop or tell some one else to do it .....this is thread that people can learn also and learn as i go i want peoples input but as positive views to ,help me out show me images and help me get through this i blew my d16z6 so it gives me a good reason to save up and do my project .....heres some pics
Image well it seems like my head was fucked up i found metal in one of my cylinders also really still dnt know hwat really fuked up my motor look at the valves they look bent iam takin the head apart
By jayEGR
#204611 heres some more picks me takin the motor out under neath just had one of my friends put it away on the side of the houseImage
tiimmmbbberrrr
and the motor is out
motors finally out now buy other parts little by little
By jayEGR
#204635 BP what you mean bye BP :? ?
By jayEGR
#204640 yea before my motor bew had a leak comeing from the c=crankshaft and the distrubtor but not leaking alot though but where some good motor mounts where i can get for a b20b
By jayEGR
#204985 how much you think i can get for my d16z6 :?
By blk92hb
#205009 for the z6 i dont know how much you can sell it for i still have mine sitting in my garage for the mounts
http://passwordjdm.com/Hasport-Mounts-92-95-Civic-94-01-Integra-C473.aspx
http://passwordjdm.com/Innovative-Mounts-92-95-Civic-94-01-Integra-C489.aspx
now i got avid mounts for my b16 and they suck ass the quality sucks, the urthane bushings were not in all the way and the holes were oval so you had to move the motor around so stay away from them. now i was told you can use stock z6 mounts with the b series motors but idk :? . the sway is real easy it was my first one that i did good luck :thumb:
By jayEGR
#205077 thanks blk92hb , i heard i should get a obd2 harness cuz of the fact the the obd 1 doesnt push out what i want when i buy a vtec head for my b 20 i should be getting it buy next week :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
By jayEGR
#206024 alright guys so far i got today for starters for the build is p75 ecu from an ls b18 and a intake manifold from an ls b18 and my distributor from another ls b18 and they all work :thumb: so kinda excited my list is going , i have quite a list oh slos found shift linkage for 70 with everying even short shifter and cv axle each 25 and also half shaft for 40 but the guys works with me so he meets me half way and motor mount even the t mount all three and the t mount for 70 but again he meets me half way not bad
By Greasedmonkey
jayEGR wrote:thanks blk92hb , i heard i should get a obd2 harness cuz of the fact the the obd 1 doesnt push out what i want when i buy a vtec head for my b 20 i should be getting it buy next week :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Not sure what you mean by the obd1 harness not pushing out what you want...

But there is no need to get any other harness than what is on your car right now. You took out a z6 which already means most of your vtec wiring is there for when you add the DOHC VTEC head. OBD2 harness are not set up like our OBD1 parts. Your current harness will plug in and work wonderfully on the B20, unless some wires are ripped/torn and such.
By jayEGR
#209494 i know i can use my harness just didnt know if i had to change out my wiring harness because my z6 is obd1 plus this is something i wanted to do but ended up crashing as a project , its a future plan i got the same things i need to do the b20 swap but ended up doing the ls swap because i got the motor for cheap from my friend changing out his tranny so i went with what is cheaper , and right now all i need is a fucking tranny and i can get my coupe running , i really wanted to just stay with d16 so it can just be alot easier and forget about but i want to learn how to do a swap and how to do valve adjustments , on my own this site has DIY why not learn and save some money in ur pocket ask stupid question and see where i get to learn what -others do know + the motors out why not do dohc get more power
By jayEGR
#209559 thanks man i was looking it up on the diy self but when i get my water pump and replace the cam seal ill start asking question i have the tool , but thank chilango41
By Greasedmonkey
#209567 If you wanted to swap harnesses because the motor you were getting is OBD2, then the stock/current harness would work still. The only things that change from OBD1 to 2 is the Dizzy, and alternator.

I did my B swap for the same reason you are. I got it CHEAP. made more sense than getting another D.