Post YOUR Coupe here
By jayEGR
#206617 cant wait for mine where u get the shifter boot pretty clean iam getting one with a shift linkage pretty excited i have a skunk 2 shift nob
By VerLee24
93coupe wrote:I decided to install the 12 buck short throw shifter last night. Cake, much easier than most shifter installs. It feels nice too. I just need a shorter knob than stock. Any input on that?

i'd stay away from anything metal.

the horrible downside of the weighted skunk2 shift knob (installed in the pic) is that in the summer its scolding hot and in the winter it frosts to your hand. i've gone back to stock for now.

..and my shift boot is stock.
By 93coupe
#206951 Yea metal can be quite hot/cold depending on the situation. I don't mind the stock knob but it's just too darn tall
By 93coupe
#208358 lil update. The night before I got the safety inspection, the slave cylinder blew out. No biggie. Got the car inspected and ready for permanent registration...boo yah! what ever. The next morning go to start er up.........
crank crank, metallic noise followed by no compression cranking.
Cylinder 1 and 3 intake valves bent. After about fifty miles of driving, the new timing belt decided to slip on a cold start up. I had questioned at least 10 people about belt deflection on this car when cold and even certified Honda techs came up with different answers. I guess I found out the hard way. So with that being said, I have spent
150- nused cylinder head
50- head bolts (Honda)
38- headgasket
13- intake gasket

Need to still buy- Honda Parts
Timing belt- 52
Water Pump- 83
Tensioner- 63

Sometimes it just doesnt pay to buy aftermarket parts

It has been determined to be a bad t belt and just now need to get this thing running and back on the road so I can get all my receipts and hope to get reimbursed for this shit.
This car has been a black cloud since I got her home
By andyc
#208370 dont give up on it! mines off the road now too but itll be worth it mate :thumb:
By 93coupe
#208968 I got my shit back together last night and drove that bitch today. I set the ignition timing just about where she needs to be and she feels good. She ought to be good for a while with the new head gasket, timing belt, water blah blah blah. I'm going to pick up a set of spark plugs for it tomorrow on my way home from work. Please don't cheap out and buy aftermarket parts. Some things are ok but, sometimes just buy from the manufacture. Time to install me a Vtec light 8)
By andyc
#208971 I love it when a plan comes together :D
By 93coupe
#209210 Annnnnd I believe I have an injector(s) sticking open when I shut the vehicle off and it sits. Time to try to figure out which are bad. This thing will now be know as Project "Black cloud"
By 93coupe
#212398 Update......
Replaced the injectors and problem went away. It drove awesome for a few days and then putt putt puttt. Runs like shit. Dead miss on number 4 cylinder.
cyl 1, 2, and 3 have 185- 195 psi of compression and number 4 is a whopping 30psi. Oil in cylinder did not bring number up. Guess what, a burnt fucking valve. I guess the head I bought wasn't much better than the old one. This car is the biggest mistake I have bought in a long time. I knew I was in for a treat when I first bought it and noticed a cocoon in the impeller of the water pump. This thing will now rot in my backyard like it was destined to do
By 93coupe
#219304 Sent head to machine shop. Head needs a few valves, was hot tanked, pressure tested and shaved. When I find valves that aren't ridiculously priced, I will finish the head. Then the bottom end will be rebuilt and put up for sale.Unfortunately, this project is on hold indefinitely due to a health issue and a baby coming within the next two months. No more Honduhhs for me. The problems this one has presented has turned me off from them. I'll stick with my domestics from now on