Post YOUR Coupe here
By ditoegsaloon
#203490 that is excellent mate, indeed i need guidance for the expertise but unlikely will be this weekend as im waiting me baby due. many thanks for your help anyway.
By andyc
#203491 oh, congrats buddy! top mating :thumb:
By andyc
#204642 I thought i might aswell update this thread too... I tried to fit the engine at the weekend and it didnt go to plan. The new engine had the wrong dizzy so (as i decided to check the parts for the new engine when the old one was out) the old one had to go back in. It went in fine, but there seems to be a vacuum leak, probably because the IM gasket crumbled away so i had to use instant gasket sealer paste. This video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CutLRTSJMeA shows it I think?

also, there was a puddle under the exhaust after running it and topping up the rad for a while... I really hope its not the head gasket. There was alot of whiote smoke at one point, I overfilled the tranny slightly so I think it was that as its stopped yesterday.

By Boods
#204976 Any update on how the engine is going?

Got the proper dizzy?

Have you tried trents [or any scrappy] to get the dizzy? just so you can get it working for the time being?

What did you do about the whistle?
By andyc
#205044 im about torque down the IM with a fresh gasket and immaculet surfaces. if that dosent fix it im gonna be well pissed off... also, i found a guy selling the dizzy i need on ebay, all new internals, £40 delivered :thumb:
By andyc
#205107 :woot: its all fixed! all these problems because I didnt use a proper IM gasket. Ive cleaned the surfaces up and used a proper gasket and its all better. no more whistle, no more clouds of smoke and no more water spraying out the backbox all down to a gasket! Im learning the hard way but at least im learning eh :lol:

For some reason now, the car is a lot louder and more responsive too. rather than having the deep sound that all my d series have had, its now more of a 'GWAR' sound. and I like it :twisted: not sure what has made it louder...
By chrisscott
#205302 get that dizzy an get the engine in NOW. i bought a reconditioned dizzy of ebay for £80 when i bought my civic(coz it bloody went on me driving it home after buying it, gutted)

oh dont know if you want one but i got a VTI rear ARB for sale £20
By andyc
#205311 possibly mate, I may already have one :?
By andyc
#207129 Ok, didnt get that dizzy and the B7 was fixed but has now died... Ive found a dizzy for the B7 also for £40 so Im gonna get that one for now and spend more time/money on the Z6 out of the car, like making sure it isnt buggered before I put it in :x
By andyc
#210027 Ive tried 2 dizzies now and its still dead :cry: , looks like ill have to just to fork out for a 3rd dizzy for the Z6 and forget about the B7. I been driving EG's for 7 years with no problems until now, this is gash!!
By jrhdominos
#210069 Before you try getting another dizzy, try checking out your clutch switch, mine went out on me at one point, and I swore up and down that it was the dizzy, when in fact it was the clutch switch. There is a connection above your clutch, kinda hard to get to (imma big guy tho) there are two wires going into the connection, just cut the two wires and connect them, if it cranks you're good, if not, I dont have much else to tell you. Also once you do this, you wont have to press the clutch in to crank the car, some people dont like that, but I happen to like that way better.
By andyc
#222029 My poor car, not even legally allowed on the road anymore :cry:

I hope its not for long

By Ecc0
#222116 Don't worry you'll have a long wait to beat my record bout my latest coupe nearly 2 years ago and have never driven it and the other day had to declare it SORN for the second time.

I'm sure it wont be for long then you'll be loving it again in the summer months.
By chrisscott
#222180 looks as sad as mine does at the moment

we should have a lost cause meet lol
By andyc
#222255 yeah, well get the train somewhere and sulk lol

hows the engine going, you getting it out?