Post YOUR Coupe here
By andyc
#201303 Hey Guys,

Let me first say this forum is awesome and Im really glad I found it. Everyone on here has been really helpful and ive only been on here a month or so... Ive met some other UK EG peeps and we're looking to ramp up the UK area of the site so GREAT TIMES :thumb:

Anyway, Ive owned my current EJ2 for almost 4 years having previously owned 2 hatchbacks and another EJ2. My car hasnt come that far but I have a lot of long term plans for it so I thought I'd start up a thread. I spend anytime I can doing little jobs on my car, things like changing out control arm bushings, general maintenence and stuff and Ive not that often got money to buy decent parts for it so its coming along very slowly...

At the moment its pretty basic, Ive fitted some GMAX springs and shocks at 50mm lower (they were quite cheap, real stiff but real fun). Ive swapped out the LCA bushings for some powerflex bushings as they were rotten as hell, I'm gonna do the entire chassis next month with an Energy Suspension Master Kit (its my birthday next month, the Mrs will be providing these as a present :D ). Below are a few pics of how it looks right now, its not exactly where I'd like it to be but...

Yep, needs amber but its better than the crappy angel eyes projectors I just took off

Love these OEM wheels, they're sex! They wil be satin black soon. When I can afford some 45mm profile tyres Ill spray the entire wheels and refurb them best I can when theyre bare.

Once the bushings are all swapped out my next plans are to prep the body for a respray in championship white. Possibly a poor mans paint job lol but we'll see how money is at the time... My Honda rot isnt too bad and I have a lovely bunch of holes in the boot after removing the crappy OEM spoiler which are the first thing I need to do...

Basically I'm hoping that by the end of the year the chassis and body will be up to scratch.

Then I can move onto the fun stuff, Ive been discussing diferent Engine and Tranny combos (Cheers Chrono404) but I have a long time to decide on that I think. It wont be any time soon Ill have the money for an egnine swap tho...

Thought I may aswell get the thread started and Ill add to it as I do bits and Bobs, Cheers again for all the help boys and girls!

Oh, and these are the wheels I had a couple years ago lol 17" Chromes, thankfully theyre gone for good!...

Take it EZ

Last edited by andyc on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm, edited 3 times in total.
By Classiccarsrule85
#201306 nice for some reason i tend to like purple coupes dont think id ever drive one but it seems like a whole well interesting sleeper since i really never see too many purple coupes....
By andyc
#201308 yeah... Im gonna go championship white eventually
By berg89
#201744 Yea i didn't like the purple couple a while back , but now i have a interest in the color. That's a nice clean start. :thumb:
By Boods
#201869 I like it! Like the colour coded front lip on the first few pictures, not seen that done before!

What mods 've you done to it bar what's visual? Anything to the engine? I like it :) Where abouts in porstmouth you from as well? I'm from round near bournemouth :)
By andyc
#201874 I havent done much else to be honest mate, Ive spent most time so far on maintenence changing out the brake pads and bushings and stuff (bushings were a bitch!) the engine is basically standard except for a K&N full induction kit and cat back stainless system... me and a few others from this part of the south coast are meeting up in the new forest for a barby and check out eachothers cars... you should come mate? its 31st of July
By ditoegsaloon
#201879 looking for this height, 50mm all around look just perfect imo. i'd say stay on purple, it would nice and get polished mate. white just too many, time to make the purple stand out
By Ajax1989
#201880 keep it purple

i :love: purple coupes!
By Boods
#201892 Also with the bushings, which ones did you do? I really struggled with my rear trailing arm bushings, but got there in the end, and some upper suspension arm bush as well.

You thought about painting your corners amber? I've done mine and will post up the results when they're back on the car, but it was an amazing result I think personally! And cost £2.99 instead of like £20 for fresh ones!

You're going to do it Championship white!? :O Keep it purple! Or if you do it white, I might have to come and do mine at the same time. If you do it cheap don't Rattle-can it though, spend another £50 odd and get a compressor gun, I rattle-canned my bumper and it's not as nice as I would have liked it to be really... If you want I'll go halves and do mine white at the same time hah :P

I'm definately down for coming along to the new forest, I'll PM you my number if you want to drop me the details and what not? :)
By d-mon
#201956 keep it purple.
nice car.
ej2s have sunroofs?

out here, purple coupes are all beat to sh1t. :x
if i could find a reasonably clean purple ej2, i'd jump on it.
By berg89
#201970 ??? is it a ej1 lol