Post YOUR Coupe here
By jerko
#192735 Image
This is my civic that I purchased around round a month ago for $1800.00. So far I have added an intake, wheels and tires, and a stereo system. I have changed the Master Cylinder, and Just changed the thermostate around an hour ago. I know a lot of you don't like 17" wheels, but I like these. They are Konig Hotswaps and have a 40 offset. The tires are 205/40's. The wheels now have the black inserts instead of the red inserts. I want to lower it, don't have $700.00 to spend so I'll probably buy Tein S tech springs in a couple of weeks. I also added HID's last weekend and were purchased from DDM tuning for $29.99. Future projects i want to do are a front lip, springs as mentioned above, rear tails and thats about it. Let me know if you think I should add anything. Thanks
pic of engine
pic with black inserts on rims
Last edited by jerko on Mon May 17, 2010 1:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
By chilango41
#193117 It looks nice but I preffer 15in or 16in.
17's look too big IMO
But it looks nice :thumb:
By elrompetoto
#193122 Wow that body is cleannnn
By jerko
#193345 Thanks for your input so far everyone. I GREATLY appreciate the honesty, thats what I'm looking for. I will probably go down to 15 or 16 inch wheels. Im a new honda owner and should of done my researh before I bought these. What is a popular size rim and tire for a civic so I can start looking? What style rim? :? I don't want to spend a fortune. Thanks again everyone.
By Ajax1989
#193352 15's wit a 195/50 tyre is the most common setup.. everyone like rotas cause there cheap knock offs of popular rims..

but if you like the 17's and are happy then keep them, its YOUR car not some else, i like to tell this to people.."It my money, my car, i'll do what i want to do, if you dont like then tough shet"..lol

btw, the car looks real good, the body looks str8 nd the motor.. VTEC!!!!
bwahhhahahahahahah vtecahahahahahahahaha :D

oh and welcome to CIVIC-EG.COM :thumb:
By jerko
#193486 Thanks for the welcome JDM Ferio. Your right about the wheels. I do like them. After all, don't we all wanna "stand out" from the rest? If I keep my 17's, i will be doing just that :wink: I am soooo torn between springs or coilovers. I would LOVE to have coilovers, but the cost of them are stopping me.
By chilango41
#193508 Its true what jdm_ferio said, its YOUR car.
If you dont live in a place where the winters have snow then you should just get some lowering sprinngs, skunk2's have worked for me :thumb:
By n0safebetdx
#193516 I like the rims on that car..except they kinda look like u sprayed them?

other then that nice whippp
By jerko
#193599 Chilango41, I live close to PHX, AZ, I got NOOOO snow here! LOL. I've been looking at the Tein S tech's.

n0safebetdx, It looks like i sprayed them? R u talking about the red? Must look like shit to you..LOL. The wheels are Konig Hotswaps. The red part is a plastic insert. They come in different colors or you can "spray" them if you would like. I prefer the black. I think with the red ones...the car looks like a girl car...no offense to you because I know your not a "dude" LOL. :wink: Thanks for checking out my ride.
By n0safebetdx
jerko wrote:
n0safebetdx, It looks like i sprayed them? R u talking about the red? Must look like shit to you..LOL. The wheels are Konig Hotswaps. The red part is a plastic insert. They come in different colors or you can "spray" them if you would like. I prefer the black. I think with the red ones...the car looks like a girl car...no offense to you because I know your not a "dude" LOL. :wink: Thanks for checking out my ride.

I think they look nice :)

and w/ the red it doesnt look like a girl car I effn pink rims so i mean my car looks like a girl car :) and ur welcome
By chilango41
#193726 your lucky haha
idk about the tien's i've never used them.
By Fada Blayne
#195795 The car looks good! As for the wheels, they could work. If you spank it they would look dope and the car wud look more aggressive
By Spitfire Riggz
chilango41 wrote:Its true what jdm_ferio said, its YOUR car.
If you dont live in a place where the winters have snow then you should just get some lowering sprinngs, skunk2's have worked for me :thumb:

Yeah im hoping to get some skunk 2 lowering springs too! I agree jerko coilovers are TOO expensive! I like your car man, the black looks WAAAYYY better than the red inserts! I have 17's too :thumb: but for some reason yours look way bigger! Maybe its kuz yours are black and they blend in with the tyres? kuz i have 205 40s too
By jerko
Fada Blayne wrote:The car looks good! As for the wheels, they could work. If you spank it they would look dope and the car wud look more aggressive

This might sound dumb..but what does "spank it" mean? Thanks by the way.