Post YOUR Coupe here
By weaponr82
#20300 Heres my new project! I dunno much about Civics but I'm gonna teach myself as much as I can from it. Its gonna stay clean and simple. I got the rims today with tires for $300 from a friend. So thats the first step. Its got Tein springs but Id like to go with a good coil over kit for cheap if anyone knows a good brand. Also I want to get a full handling kit like crossbar, and sway bars and the like. Again if you guys know a brand and set up that works, tell me! I've got a camber kit and HID's to install this week along with some maintenance. Thanks for looking and sending some info my way :thumb:
Crappy pics BTW:

By Bouli
#20313 :thumb:

lookin good, like this one. coupes FTW
By stefan
#20314 Looking good mate :)
Coil-overs; I've got an Apex Racing set, Bouli who replied before me has an Apex X-Force set, and I don't know about him but I love mine :D
D2 is also a good and affordable set.

Please stay away from brands who sell much cheaper than others, they sell rubbish 99% of the time (been there, done that).

Swaybars;
I swapped my stock EJ2 front swaybar with a stock EG6 one, wich is about 3mm thicker.
I also have a stock EG6 rear swaybar, and a stock EG6 front/lower strutbar (wich goes on top of the subframe), already a very satisfying set-up (I now have to go looking for tyres with more rigid side walls, and mine are already rigid :D ).
An cheap to, all you have to do is bolt them on ;)
By Bouli
#20317 i love my Apex X-force :thumb:
By weaponr82
#20334 Thanks for the info and the good words everyone. I'll keep you posted with other mods. So what year specific are those front and rear sway bars? ill go look for that specific car this weekend at the junkyard. Like i said im new to civic lingo. All i know is that i have an eg. Is ej the 96-00 model?
By stefan
#20376 ED/EE/EF is 88-91, 4th gen (comes in mk1 and mk2 88-89 and 89-91, in 89 a few where a mix of mk1 and 2)
EG is 92-95, 5th gen (it was perfect right away, no marks, no facelifts)
EK is 96-00, 6th gen (can't recall the years atm, but there is a pre-facelift and a facelift version, small changes in appearance)

I have;
- ED6 mk1 rear lower control arms,
- EE9 rear trailerarms with discbrakes,
- EE9 rear swaybar,
- EG6 front swaybar and lower strutbar,
- EG6 discs/callipers...
You can even swap to a complete Integra Type R 5 lug brake setup, ITR swaybars, etc...
The ITR is kind of a fancy EG coup? ;)

So it's a mix of a lot of things, you can use a lot of things from one model up or one model down, when driving an EG.

The EJ is kind of abracadabra to me; the EJ is not only the EG coup?, also some (early?) models of the EK are EJ...
By -EJ1- COUPE
#20377 coupes ftmfw :woot: clean car
By EG-nath
#20394 nice....i like the wheels :D
By weaponr82
#20416 Thanks Stefan for the knowledge on Civics, it actually sped me up fast and thanks everyone for the nice words. Now does anyone know what kind of wheels I got? The guy I got em from doesn't know and the center caps are missing. I think they are Rota c8's cause they are super light wheels. Im not sure though. Whatever, they were $300 with tires cause he had to get rid of em and i was happy to help :hehe:
By x-racer
#20418 they look like c8's to me.kool coupe tho. :thumb:
By stefan
#20439 No thanks mate, happy to help someone out.

Rota C8 :)

BTW, I just remembered a brand name for aftermarket swaybars;
Suspension Techniques.

Some are so big, you need to reinforce your rear-subframe, or the big swaybar will tear your subframe apart.
You could use an A Spec Racing 'subframe reinforcement brace', this will stop a swaybar from ripping your subframe to pieces.
By Sire
#20498 EK is 96-00, 6th gen (can't recall the years atm, but there is a pre-facelift and a facelift version, small changes in appearance)

96/97 pre facelift, 98/00 facelift...