Post YOUR Coupe here
By BLaCkSiLo
#235161 Does it look like it spun a bearing? how are the rear and front mains?

i only ask cause mine had some pretty big grooves on them and i speedy sleeved one of them but the rear main is still a bitch to deal with, you have to get the seal in a place that doesn't have a groove and if you dont it just leaks.. :x

but good luck man, keep it up
By BoostedD16
#235367 Nah no spun bearings, all the journals except last main one are perfect, just looks like something really small got in there and is a little groove but not bad at all.
By BoostedD16
#236308 Motor is in the process of being built. Should have it back within the next month.

Then off to the shop to get my exhaust made and the tune. Getting a 3" aluminum exhaust instead of stainless, should be pretty sexy.

Spring is only a few weeks away gettin excited.
By BoostedD16
#241752 Went up to the shop today, motor is coming along, expecting to be done next week or two.

While I got some free time on my hands I tore down the trans to do a much needed input shaft bearing. And I figured since I am in there, why not get an LSD :hehe:

On the way, Quaife LSD

Some pics of the trans... I was surprised how clean everything was for having 16X,XXX miles

By EGSlammed92
#241760 Damn, I just read the whole thread and it sucks that you found the problem after you already got a new engine. But looking on the bright side, you are starting fresh and hopefully no new problems. Keep us updated! :hehe:
By BoostedD16
#252922 Stillllll waiting for parts. Motor is done. Just gotta pick it up. LSD wasn't going to work so ending up getting SI trans freshly rebuilt with new bearings, carbon synchros, and MFactory LSD. Should have everything next week! Pics to come when everything arrives.

Also have B16 60mm throttle body coming in tomorrow, should see quite a difference with boost from the stock 56mm. No restriction now going from 2.5" ic piping to skunk2 intake mani. Oh and Full-Race traction bar came in the other day!
By Gustavo
#252928 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Punksz6
#253023 :thumb:
By BoostedD16
#253060 Throttle Body came in today. Can't really tell in the picture but the new one is definitely bigger!
Z6 on left(56mm) B16 on right(60mm)
By bserius
#253489 nice build
By BoostedD16
#259296 Well here is an update summing everything up, just awaiting exhaust and tune now.

Last years set up, this was roughly 7.5:1 comp
D16Y8 Block
Vitara Pistons
Eagle Rods
D16Z6 Head
Crower stage 2 Turbo Cam
KMS Valvetrain w/ Oversized Valves, titanium retainers and race springs
Ebay special "50 Trim" Turbo
Turbonetics Evo Wastegate
RC Autoworks Miniram manifold
Stock Trans
2.25" exhaust
Skunk2 Intake mani
Stock Throttle body

Don't feel like going on and on too much to list. Anyways the car made 274whp on 25-26psi. Ran it for a while untill it would not boost over 12psi. Could not figure it out, swapped turbo, fixed it for a day then same thing. Turned out to be collapsed flex pipe.

That pretty much wasted motor, got it bored over, rebuilt it, but spun a bearing. Oiling sucks in the y8 motors so ditched that and picked up a Z6 from Big3, who put my new motor together for me. Thanks guys you are awesome! :D

No more 7.5:1 compression..
D16Z6 Block
Supertech 10.5:1 comp pistons
Eagle Rods
New Ported OEM Oil Pump
Same Z6 head but crower cam was falling apart, went with Bisimoto Level 3.6
Skunk2 Intake Manifold w/ 60mm throttle body
Garrett 60-1 Turbo .70/.48
RC Autoworks Miniram Manifold and Turbonetics Evo Wastegate
No more stock trans, got an SI tranny with carbon synchros, new bearings, and MFactory LSD.

Finishing up the car tonight, just a few little things to bring it together. Gutted the interior so Big3 can weld in the cage good, finally! And they will also be doing an aluminum 3 inch turbo back exhaust and the tune.

Looking for 350-400whp on the single cam. Enjoy...
By 1ACarlos
#259301 Nice coupe
By Punksz6
#259304 Nice last pic!! Coupe looks great! :thumb: