Post YOUR Coupe here
By BoostedD16
#216646 Haha thanks. Me too. Too bad it hardly ever gets out of my garage. Already got new pistons in and block is getting bored this week. Should have it all back together this weekend. Wish me luck.
By BoostedD16
#217287 Yeah I hope so too, I want to go out one last time this year lol. And a local shop by me. Big 3 Racing
By pocketrocket
#222811 Hey with the .5 oversized vavled did you have any piston to valve clerances issues? Cuz i am thinking of getting those for my d series build but not sure.
By BoostedD16
#230210 No problems with p2v clearance with the oversized valves, but the vitaras also sit below deck. Shouldn't have a problem.

Haven't been on here in a while again but some more bad news. Got my freshly built block in good compression ready to hit they dyno, and spun number 4 rod bearing again. Got sick of the Y8 and their shitty oiling systems.

But good things to come.

Picked up a D16Z6 block, supertech 10.5:1 comp pistons, eagle rods, brand new crank, new oil pump that is being built now.

No more crower cam upgraded to the bisimoto level 3.6.

Brand new garrett 60-1
New turbonetics evolution wastegate
2.5" intercooler piping
Tial 50mm bov

And much more goodies.

Shooting high next year. Wish me luck.
By BLaCkSiLo
#230346 good luck sir! that's for sure a good list you have going there... I'm always really happy i had a z6 block with the double chamfered oiling ports vs. the y8.. however, did you shim/port the oil pump? you should port the new z6 pump especially if your going to be spinning to 8k+ RPM?

anyway, good work!! :thumb:
By BoostedD16
#230370 Yeah I ported it because I had spun a bearing before about a year ago. And yeah I have nothing but problems with the y8 hopefully z6 will bring me some luck. Also having a shop put it together this time, I just want to make sure its perfect. Was debating on porting the new pump or not, a lot of guys say don't have to with the z6, but I might just to be on the safe side, considering I should be hitting around 9k rpm.
By Eg6H2D
#230598 damn 280whp @22psi. what's the flow rate on the turbo?.
By Eg6H2D
BoostedD16 wrote:No problems with p2v clearance with the oversized valves, but the vitaras also sit below deck. Shouldn't have a problem.

Haven't been on here in a while again but some more bad news. Got my freshly built block in good compression ready to hit they dyno, and spun number 4 rod bearing again. Got sick of the Y8 and their shitty oiling systems.

But good things to come.

Picked up a D16Z6 block, supertech 10.5:1 comp pistons, eagle rods, brand new crank, new oil pump that is being built now.

No more crower cam upgraded to the bisimoto level 3.6.

Brand new garrett 60-1
New turbonetics evolution wastegate
2.5" intercooler piping
Tial 50mm bov

And much more goodies.

Shooting high next year. Wish me luck.

Awesomeness :thumb:
By BoostedD16
EG6b20R wrote:damn 280whp @22psi. what's the flow rate on the turbo?.

Ebay 50 trim so who knows what it was... and that was with a shitty wastegate that was leaking. I will be happy with around 350 on the new set up.
By BLaCkSiLo
BoostedD16 wrote:Yeah I ported it because I had spun a bearing before about a year ago. And yeah I have nothing but problems with the y8 hopefully z6 will bring me some luck. Also having a shop put it together this time, I just want to make sure its perfect. Was debating on porting the new pump or not, a lot of guys say don't have to with the z6, but I might just to be on the safe side, considering I should be hitting around 9k rpm.

thats what i did, brought a brand new pump, tore it apart and ported it.. it's nice to have some re-assurance when your spinning that high, you need oil to be delivered to the bottom end and everything else. i would do it even on a z6 just for peace of mind and maybe you can quite spinning bearings :)

good luck dude! keep us posted
By 1ACarlos
#231744 Looking real nice. I like the color
By BoostedD16
#231883 thats what i did, brought a brand new pump, tore it apart and ported it.. it's nice to have some re-assurance when your spinning that high, you need oil to be delivered to the bottom end and everything else. i would do it even on a z6 just for peace of mind and maybe you can quite spinning bearings :)

good luck dude! keep us posted[/quote]

Yeah definitely don't want anymore problems with this thing.
By BoostedD16
1ACarlos wrote:Looking real nice. I like the color

Thanks man.
By BoostedD16
#232954 Sooo was doing some reading last night. Got on the subject of flex pipes. Did some searching, one guys eclipse said was just built and only making 9-10 psi. No vacuum leaks, exhaust leaks, boost control worked, was tuned the whole 9 yards right? Sounds like my problem, Caught my attention!

Went to look at my downpipe where flex pipe is. Bam, think after months of searching and replacing internals of motors I found my problem. Image