Post YOUR Coupe here
By 93dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:damn it's cold out! ...nice coupe man, looks like it's going to be a great starting project, i love purple coupes, i got mine about 1.5 years ago and it turned into quite the big project.

like what your doin, keep it up :thumb:

thanks man, yeah i dig purple coupes too. :)
and thats not even cold, it gets worse!

quite a nice update, found an ls swap, might try to sell some of my car audio stuff to get the motor. i love 1.8's.
By 93dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:awesome man, i never have had the chance to drive an ls or gsr, im assuming the torque would be nice :thumb: i just boosted my z6 instead of finding a swap.... lol

that always works too. :thumb:

iv had an LS swap in a 90 ef hatch, was loads of fun. i posted it in the b series section under lets see your "b". http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1308

and to find one for $350 with ecu is pretty nice i think.

major props to your build though! :twisted:
By BLaCkSiLo
93dx wrote:
BLaCkSiLo wrote:awesome man, i never have had the chance to drive an ls or gsr, im assuming the torque would be nice :thumb: i just boosted my z6 instead of finding a swap.... lol

iv had an LS swap in a 90 ef hatch, was loads of fun. i posted it in the b series section under lets see your "b". http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=1308

thanks man...it's pretty fun :D
wow, if i could get an LS swap for that cheap i would do that too! i kinda want to do an LS/VTEC build next but it's expensive...... that's why i went with the good ol' D, plus people are like wtf? haha
By 93dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:
93dx wrote:

wow, if i could get an LS swap for that cheap i would do that too! i kinda want to do an LS/VTEC build next but it's expensive...... that's why i went with the good ol' D, plus people are like wtf? haha

the only thing that will kill me is tracking down axels, mounts and linkage. lol

and i watned to go non vtec high comp. NA, with either boring/sleaving the bottem end to a 2.0, or just throwing on a b20 bottem end.
but thats down the road.. for now il work on getting my motor. :)

and true that on the expensive part, you pretty much have to fully build the motor for it to make it vtec, and handle the rpm's, cus the ls bottem end isent capable than what say 7000 or so?

and i dig the turbo d, it takes some work to lay down some nice numbers on a d. anyone can just swap to a b.
but my personal preferance, b series. if that fails, il build and turbo my d.
By BLaCkSiLo
93dx wrote:
BLaCkSiLo wrote:
93dx wrote:

the only thing that will kill me is tracking down axels, mounts and linkage. lol

and i watned to go non vtec high comp. NA, with either boring/sleaving the bottem end to a 2.0, or just throwing on a b20 bottem end.

and true that on the expensive part, you pretty much have to fully build the motor for it to make it vtec, and handle the rpm's, cus the ls bottem end isent capable than what say 7000 or so?

and i dig the turbo d, it takes some work to lay down some nice numbers on a d. anyone can just swap to a b.

yeah you can't beat the deal you got, axles and things like that shouldn't be too much of a issue really... i would love to have a b20 or something with some torque!

yeah man, making an LS handle some rpm/power takes a lot of work and there is a few good posts about in the b-series section...the LS just wasent built for high hp/performance, i'm assuming it was meant to be reliable.

but thanks again man, and my turbo d costed prolly less than i could have gotten a striaght swap for and now i know so much more info than i did before...good times 8)

hell of a lot of work tho...keep it up man and keep us updated :thumb:
By 93dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:
93dx wrote:
BLaCkSiLo wrote:
93dx wrote:

yeah you can't beat the deal you got, axles and things like that shouldn't be too much of a issue really... i would love to have a b20 or something with some torque!

yeah man, making an LS handle some rpm/power takes a lot of work and there is a few good posts about in the b-series section...the LS just wasent built for high hp/performance, i'm assuming it was meant to be reliable.

but thanks again man, and my turbo d costed prolly less than i could have gotten a striaght swap for and now i know so much more info than i did before...good times 8)

hell of a lot of work tho...keep it up man and keep us updated :thumb:

well right now, im still trying to get together the money to get the motor and ecu.. times are tough, been out of a job for a while now.

the axels i can prolly find locally too, just stock teggy axels should work? correct me if im wrong..
and wiring shouldent be hard, its an obd1 motor, and my civic is already obd1.

does anyone know if stock teggy motor mounts work?
if not, iv had experience with hasport mounts, so i might just save for them..
i might convert to cable tranny, i like cable..

and i bet it was some work! you did a nice job i think.. :D
also, the touque from an LS is pretty nice, especially in the light little ef hatch as i had+I/H/E boltons. :thumb:
By project ej2
#161208 nice ej2 mayng.. :thumb: :thumb: very good project...keep it up..
By sneepereg
#161212 im excited to see this progress good luck :thumb:
By 93dx
sneepereg wrote:im excited to see this progress good luck :thumb:

thanks man. :woot:

i have some updates of my spring plans for it. my friend has a z6 head for me. its all in my first post.