Post YOUR Coupe here
By bietelboer
#344803 A little update of the last few weeks

Fixed up the valve cover

ventilation plugs and no PCVbox anymore
Also gave the engine a new timing belt and oli filter.

Fixed a broken weld...

Test fitting the radiator:

Latest picture of the body coming together:
By bietelboer
#344804 I also got this one waiting to go on when my flywheel gets back from the machine shop.

Competition clutch S2
By bietelboer
#345098 Did a little work yesterday

By bietelboer
#345153 Starting to look like a car again :woot:

By bietelboer
#345378 New flywheel

Engine back together :mrgreen:

And it's in!
By Driv-it-hard
#345390 Nice build and great looking car. Have you ever thought of putting a trany oil cooler on your setup? The reason I ask is that on my build (95 eg hb) , is my daily drivr, but I'm going to take out on the track for spin or two around.

I'm putting something together with info that I found online and some parts that I came across.
Let me know. Thanks
By bietelboer
#345417 I wasn't thinking about doing that, i do want a engine oil cooler. Actually, i don't think i have ever seen a honda with tranny oil cooling.

For a track spin or two i don't think you really need one.

If you want an oil cooler you may look at the Engine oil temp, this can easy go up to 130 degrees celcius.

Driv-it-hard wrote:Nice build and great looking car. Have you ever thought of putting a trany oil cooler on your setup? The reason I ask is that on my build (95 eg hb) , is my daily drivr, but I'm going to take out on the track for spin or two around.

I'm putting something together with info that I found online and some parts that I came across.
Let me know. Thanks
By Driv-it-hard
#345418 Mine is daily driver but , I like to take it to the track and beat on it hard. I like to test the work that I have done to the car. Your builds are damm good.
By bietelboer
#345419 Do you guys have something like our Time Attack?

A lot of competiteurs ride with Civic's, only some of them have oil coolers. the right oil does the trick for most guys.

one of the guys has an ex japanese Impact civic and even he doesn't have an oil cooler. Honda transmission oil MFT3 does the trick :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=RmyiXxetUwo

This car won pro-competition two years back :thumb:
Last edited by bietelboer on Wed May 07, 2014 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By bietelboer
Driv-it-hard wrote:Mine is daily driver but , I like to take it to the track and beat on it hard. I like to test the work that I have done to the car. Your builds are damm good.

Do you have an idea of how you are going to pump the oil true the tranny and cooler?

Engine oil works on pressure, the tranny doesn't have that.
By Driv-it-hard
#345421 I have all the specs on the system. I'll send you all the specs later this evening. Still at work. Need to finalize the threading on some hardware .
By bietelboer
#346241 Wasn't able to work on the civic due to different reasons, but today was a good day! :D

Fixed me a stainles steel clutch line

Bought myself a 3 point front upper strutt

and did some work on the rear brakes

End of the day pic:
By Loaf31
#346242 What brand strut bar is that and how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking? :D