-Auto to manual conversion
-Boost, wideband, oil pres, water temp, fuel pres gauges
-Rota Attack wheels
-Custom rear strut brace welded in
-DIY Shaved front license plate holes, emblems, and side moldings
-Gutted dash (heater retained)
-A/C and P/S delete
-Custom door covers
-Other various things removed throughout the car - a total of about 180lbs (still have stock front and rear seats). I have plans to remove 100 more lbs from the car.

Roller paint in the process (last year)

This pic is right after the roller paint job (last year)

Turbo F22A

Recent picture of the exterior, I rarely wash my car lol

Recent picture of my dash

Here are some pictures from last year when I had an H22A in the car
By Chance
#124274 SOHC FTW... any numbers on the motor set up?? Looks pretty good for the roller paint dude.. nice coupe! welcome to the site :thumb:
By F22Civic
#124275 Here are some pics of when I just got the car (2008)
By F22Civic
Chance wrote:SOHC FTW... any numbers on the motor set up?? Looks pretty good for the roller paint dude.. nice coupe! welcome to the site :thumb:

thanks! no numbers yet though
By d-mon
#124333 nice upgrade!
the f22a head flows like a big block chevy
get numbers asap!
f22a compared to b16:
By waynlewis
#124599 very nice ride. what method did you use to do the paint job?
By teal_dx
#124600 That's one of the best roller paint jobs I've seen :thumb:
And props for doing something different under the hood!

On your old motor, what kind of air filter is that? I've been looking for something to fir in my bay, but don't have much room due to the turbo setup. Only 3.5" of length... that filter looks like what I need.
By F22Civic
alldatJUICE wrote:nice ride.. :thumb:

did that H22 meet it's demise?? or just decide to go a different route??

Thanks. I just wanted to try something different and more torque plus it is cheap to boost an F22.

d-mon wrote:nice upgrade!
the f22a head flows like a big block chevy
get numbers asap!

yep, the F22 is definitely a solid design. I'll try to get some numbers as soon as i can, just busy with school right now

waynlewis wrote:very nice ride. what method did you use to do the paint job?

I just prepped the car the way you normally would before paint, then used Home Depot high density rollers and about a quart and a half of Rustoleum Regal Red mixed with mineral spirits. The beauty of rolling is that it can be done anywhere and there is no smell or overspray plus the total paintjob was $20 lol

teal_dx wrote:That's one of the best roller paint jobs I've seen :thumb:
And props for doing something different under the hood!

On your old motor, what kind of air filter is that? I've been looking for something to fir in my bay, but don't have much room due to the turbo setup. Only 3.5" of length... that filter looks like what I need.

Thanks. That small filter is actually from Pep Boys, it is nice because it fits into tight places. I think it was $19.99.
By chrono404
#124611 :thumb: :thumb: For being Unique. Most People who swap in the Big Blocks always go with Vtec, You have the better flowing head. Still Flows better then the K's.

I am down to see the Numbers, Turbo F22A should be throwing down good numbers.

What Trans you running? F22A?
By F22Civic
chrono404 wrote::thumb: :thumb: For being Unique. Most People who swap in the Big Blocks always go with Vtec, You have the better flowing head. Still Flows better then the K's.

I am down to see the Numbers, Turbo F22A should be throwing down good numbers.

What Trans you running? F22A?

thanks! I recently switched to the F22 trans because it is nice on the highway: 80mph is a little over 3000rpm. I ran an H22 trans for a while but got sick of it because 95% of my driving is highway.

Lt.DudeEJ1 wrote:so what lip is that or is that an addition to the stock lip and educate me on this 20 dollar paint job

the lip is just a rubber piece under the stock lip, I am cheap haha

there is nothing complicated about the paint job, just take oil-based paint (Rustoleum works great), thin it with mineral spirits and roll it on with a roller, that is really all there is to it. The paint is super durable too and you don't need primer.
(google it, it is actually known as "the $50 paint job" but for me it was cheaper because I already had masking tape and sand paper and stuff
By F22Civic
Lt.DudeEJ1 wrote:what ive read says that theres a massive amount of sanding and polishing
how exactly did u do it

I prepped the car like you would if you were spraying the paint,
then masked headlights/taillights/ and around windows,
then mixed Rustoleum with Mineral spirits until the paint was as thin as skim milk,
then rolled on 4 coats waiting 5hrs in between the coats,
that's it! i didn't do any sanding or polishing at all after I rolled it.

So basically if you come close to my car and start inspecting the paint job you will see that something isn't right lol I decided not to waste my time sanding and polishing because I am planning on finishing all body work next summer, get rid of all small dents etc and i will basically be repainting the whole thing.

But if you actually want to make a roller job look like it was sprayed, you will have to spend hours wetsanding and buffing.

Here is a pic of another car I rolled without any sanding or polishing
(the car is a little dusty in this pic sorry)

By BLaCkSiLo
#125863 wow :o nice ass roller job, kind of gives me inspiration!

i would like to have some torque in the future, maybe i could go with a f/h22, how does it feel compared to d, i guess that's a bad question but ya know.....torque is the fun factor :thumb:

good job man, all the way around