Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By jadeydrag0117
#349037 i am at the point in this search where i need help in considering other parts that should be upgraded to handle any higher hp gain
(obviously besides the standard parts such as internals, fuel, air, exhaust)
im asking for problems that an AUTOMATIC SPECIFICALLY will run into besides the tranny
plan + questions below.
please tell me if this plan is to far fetched, i know theres no friggn torque converter out there but id like to see what others inputs are also please dont tell me to convert to 5 speed as an answer

specifically i am still wondering more about the
- tune ability / ecu options
and
- transmission option ( maybe a torque converter from a bseries )
i def understand that the torque converter should be swapped and will most likely over heat if i kept it stock, but i have no idea where to buy a performance torque converter ?

the plan so far is simple (engine bay + exhaust)
HP goal = around 260 hp (high 200's) attempt to match like a gsr motor
2.5" about for decent air flow
standard whatever bolt ons (intakes , spark , injectors, throttle body)
upgraded fuel pump
new axels
lighter wheels
good engine mounts
and upper internals ,

please shed some light,
note;
that the intentions of an auto turbo are simply simple small hp gains NOT to build a car for drag strip or any other racing but an ideal "fun" car, also i am still doing research it took me a few weeks to ask this question especially because my busy schedule but input will help and consider the fact that this is a pretty un common route of modifying an eg
By JUICE
#349044 What motor you got? A stock/auto z6 setup is maybe putting down like 90-100whp. I don't see the auto being able to handle even 150whp. You could maybe get away with putting a little kit on there for some cool noises but I don't think it'll really handle much power like that.
By egsedanguy
#349052 Im guessing you have a single cam? with that auto you will never get to that point without spending a shit tone of money to keep the trans to hold. The trans was never built around performance in any way. Even a b series trans cant take much stock without upgrading everything. What is the purpose of keeping it auto?
By jadeydrag0117
egsedanguy wrote:Im guessing you have a single cam? with that auto you will never get to that point without spending a shit tone of money to keep the trans to hold. The trans was never built around performance in any way. Even a b series trans cant take much stock without upgrading everything. What is the purpose of keeping it auto?

no purpose just trying to think of how it would work...
i just was also interested in the idea of how it would drive fast little automatic eg. w/e prob best plan would be boost + conversion. same price as buyin a good motor...
By jadeydrag0117
JUICE wrote:What motor you got? A stock/auto z6 setup is maybe putting down like 90-100whp. I don't see the auto being able to handle even 150whp. You could maybe get away with putting a little kit on there for some cool noises but I don't think it'll really handle much power like that.

yeah that makes sense , fuck it lol
By Colo55u5
#350732 I've been doing a lot of research for my auto... Ipt has a upgrade kit for eg autos, they can also upgrade your stock tc... Not sure what they can handle after the upgrade, but read somewhere in the 225hp range...
By JUICE
#350782 ^found their $500 stock converter "upgrade". Only saw the $4,000 "race transmissions"... $150 EX trans and a auto to manual conversion sounds a hell of a lot easier/cheaper to me.