Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By Snaiper1990
#348819 I know nothing about turbos but im dreaming of putting turbo on my d16z6 i was looking at turbo kits on ebay that includes everything what you need for about 700$ are they any good ? I dont want to make crazy power but how much bhp can you get on stock internals in z6 and how much bar is best to run just for street driving and if i install all parts correctly does car have to be tuned on dyno or there some other ways to tune the turbo and is it expensive to get turbo tuned ?
By teal_dx
#348820 The old saying is "you get what you pay for" :thumb:
If you get an ebay turbo kit, at least get the turbo balanced at a machine shop so it will last longer. Stock internals are good for a safe 180HP or so, depending on how healthy the engine is. You should always get it tuned. Prices vary, depending on how much your local tuner will charge. :thumb:
By Snaiper1990
#348823 thx for reply :) i think 180 hp is not that bad is enough for daily driving.
By teal_dx
#348825 Without seeing the actual kit, I'm guessing it doesn't include any kind of fuel management for that price. So plan on having your ecu chipped and getting some software for a proper tune. There's free software (crome, Neptune, etc) and there's better software like Hondata. It really depends on what your tuner is comfortable using. Just stay away from piggyback setups or FMU's as both are outdated technology and less reliable than a chipped ecu with proper tune.
By madhatchride
#348828 Im not sure on a single cam or your goals or anything but i have a b20 with a ebay turbo and kit minus my fuel management and intercooler and piping and i make 306 to the wheels on stock internals. yes its dangerous but i have got 40 or so passes with no problem but i highly recommend a water meth setup its what i believe keeps the engine alive with my high boost numbers. low boost application may not matter as much but after seeing what ive been able to achieve with mine for the price its a good way to go.