Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By ej2??
#347448 So the accompaning pictures are of a garrett tb0357 i got for free and a turbo map. A d-series thread i found states that it is a 1988 Saab 900 spec t3 50 trim.Now I've read about turbos and such but dont know much about them at all, ive looked for rebuild kits but dont know what to get, and are these kits supposed to come with the impellers to. I looked at a few but I dont really know what I should be getting.There is shaft play it wiggles and goes in and out if i remember right on both hot and cold sides.

I'd like to use the turbo for a future project if i can rebuild it nothing major just a daily y8 with a little kick, if not the experience is nice lol.

By teal_dx
#347452 Check this thread out, it will have a lot of answers: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=11208

Also, there are different levels of rebuild kits. Some come with just the basic seals & hardware and others include more but are a little more expensive. If the turbine or compressor wheel has contacted the housing and you want to replace it, you'll have to buy those separate. I don't think they usually come with kits. To do the measuring, you'll want to buy a digital caliper. They aren't too expensive and it's a must have when building a turbo from separate sources.
By ej2??
#347453 Thanks Teal! I can believe i forgot about checking the DIY section lol I read that thread when I first joined the forum.