Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By chrono404
realhomemadeturbo wrote:I thought I would post up DIY WRX injector hi-flowing. You can use the 01-04 light blue WRX/forestor GT top feed injectors which flow 440cc's or the 01-07 STI pink top feed injectors that flow 565cc's standard. They both end up coming out at about 816cc's each when modified, I used second hand wrx one's which cost me $100NZD which is $50 USD.
The WRX and STI top feed injectors have a strainer on the tip with 12 holes in the end which restrict flow to the desired amount (smaller holes for the wrx).

There are a few different ways to decap these injectors. I put my injectors into my vice with plastic jaws and clamped it lightly with the bottom facing up. I then used a small file around the outside of the strainer tip. The strainer cap is very thin so be careful not to file too deep, after you have filed all the way around the cap will fall off. Give the tip a tidy up with the file and blow the filings away and the hi-flow injector is done. A few people recommend using a dremel but after seeing a few noobs cut the tops off there injectors I decided that the file was safer. I got a mate to put my injectors onto his flow bench and they all came up around the 816cc mark with less than a .5% variance. :noel: The spray pattern is also great. I currently have them in my van and have had no problems.

Decapped injector is on the left.

(Images stolen from OzLiberty forum)

- Source.

I Found this looking for bigger injectors for my WRX. saw this and quite a few people are using this on Turbo B Series. They are High impedence injectors so they shouldn't need a resister box.

You can get 02-05 WRX Injectors used online for $150, then spend a minuate and a half on each one with a file and you have 800-830cc injectors.

If you get 06-11 WRX or STI Injectors which are closer to $300 and decap those they are closer to 1000cc Injectors.

Happy Modding guys.
By TrailerTrash
#297041 this in neato :thumb:
By 1-low-92-EG-Sedan
#297045 wow...i will def keep this in mind when its time to put my turbo swap together...good find :thumb:
By bigpunn421
#297056 nice post but if you read more in depth youll find out its hard to find a matching set of four. usually when you send them out the flow chart will be 30cc off sometimes more sometimes less. the companies reccomend you send 8 injectors and they will match 4 as close as possibile.
By boosted eg
#353435 would this work on my turboed d16