Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By teal_dx
#286326 When looking at the valve cover, there is no line on the right side, only the left. So yes the left (black circled) would go to the catch can.

nevermind that oil line in the previous pic... there is normally an OEM oil pressure sensor there. I recommend using an oil sandwich plate adaptor between the oil filter and the block to give you additional ports which you can use one for your oil feed line and use another one for the sensor to control your aftermarket oil pressure gauge (recommended for turbo setups)
By kc12305
#286351 So all I have to do is buy that sandwitch plate what anywhere?. Also on the black box I can just hook my hose to it thats it ,and if I,use steel braided tgen use tge an fitting as for the sand witch adapter just screw one of tge side ports in were the oem oil line goes and just ounce thats done run my oil turbo feed line ,and gauge,off it and just plug the rest of the ports ?..
By kc12305
#286387 Now it doswnt matter as for to were I run the in and out line ?.also teal would you happen to have and extra inter cooler pipeing , ok now for the bov I saw your pics but just how do the lines run and do I need to rum a line to my wg from a pipe and have a spliter foe the bov ?.
By kc12305
#286411 ok so i got sometime to go under my hood and i was looking at my parts and ref pics you provided for me teal but my question is that why does the oil line run in to the intake from the black box i provided some ref pics for the issue .
so do i just un hook the black hose from the black box and then put my catch can hose on it ?. or what can i do ?
if you look close you will se that the hose runs in to the intake ? i was told its not suppose to do that ????
By teal_dx
#286465 That's how it is from the factory, with a check valve in the line. That's so the intake will suck vacuum from the crankcase at high rpm. With a turbo spooling, you no longer have vacuum but pressure instead so the way honda designed the vacuum system to work no longer matters. So now you need to let the crank case and valve cover vent by means of a vented catch can. So remove that line and put a cap on the nipple on the intake - it's no longer needed since you're running a new line to the catch can.
By kc12305
#286479 Can you do the sane with a non vented cab mines basic no beather on ut,
By kc12305
#286530 Yah. :D what woyld say might be a good vac source then when a turbo build
By jred
#296088 good write up learned allot here , any chance there's a write up like this for B series?
By teal_dx
jred wrote:good write up learned allot here , any chance there's a write up like this for B series?

It's really not any different :thumb: You'll have a different manifold and probably a little larger turbo.
By eg4stevie
#317762 Can this be done on the d15b dual carb?? Pretty much same setup??
By v-tec
#318877 and does the d16z6 still driving with turbo on?? can I do the same thing on my d16y8
By teal_dx
eg4stevie wrote:Can this be done on the d15b dual carb?? Pretty much same setup??

I'm not sure about the carb setup, since we never had them in the states on 5th gen civics. The fuel management will be the big difference. Also there may be different sensors too.
By teal_dx
v-tec wrote:and does the d16z6 still driving with turbo on?? can I do the same thing on my d16y8

Yes, mostly everything in this setup will be the same for the D16y8. If it's in an OBD2 car, you would need an obd1 conversion harness to run a chipped OBD1 ecu.