Turbo and Supercharger discussion
By kc12305
#285111 What happens to the mass air flow sensor
By teal_dx
kc12305 wrote:What happens to the mass air flow sensor

Newer civics (06+ I believe) come with a mass airflow sensor, ours have a manifold absolute pressure sensor, aka MAP sensor. I think 92's have the MAP mounted on the firewall with a vacuum line going to the throttle body and 93-95 have them mounted directly on top of the throttle body. My car is 92, so I had the MAP on the firewall. My D16z6 came out of a 93 or 94, so the MAP sensor was mounted on top of the throttle body. The stock MAP sensor can only read up to about 11 psi. That means if your psi goes any higher than 11 with a stock MAP, you get a check engine light.

When you have decided your HP goal, turbo size etc. pick a MAP sensor that will fit your needs. 1 bar = 14.5037738 psi. I went with a motorolla 2.5 bar which is plenty for my needs (figuring I might want to crank up the boost down the road). Since it was so small, I mounted it inside the cabin and de-pinned the wires from the stock map sensor on the throttle body and ran the wires inside of the cabin. Then I ran a small vacuum line (use a T splitter coming off of one of the small vac lines from the back of the intake manifold) for the sensor to read the pressure level in the manifold.
Now the ecu will be able to tell the amount of air the turbo is forcing into the manifold and supply the proper amount of fuel through the injectors. :thumb:
By kc12305
#285125 Sweet so my car dont need a new sensor sweet thanks
By kc12305
#286167 So how does your turbo build run , and for your oil catch can do you run freeze plug adapters?.
By teal_dx
kc12305 wrote:So how does your turbo build run , and for your oil catch can do you run freeze plug adapters?.

It runs great. On D series motors there's no need for Freeze plug adapters, B series use those. The 2 lines that you want to run to the catch can are coming out of the black crankcase breather box on the back of the block AND the line from the back corner of the valve cover.

When using a vented catch can a good place to mount is on the firewall toward the top, unless you're building a custom one.
By kc12305
#286187 Can I see pics please also. How do the vac lines run on the motor as well,did you have to run a line from you intercooler pipe to the wastegate and ysa a t sp iter to run tge bov ?.
By teal_dx
#286224 it is on google:

You don't have to use expensive -AN fittings though, rubber hose will be fine. :thumb:

check page 1 for BOV line: http://civic-eg.com/pics/diy/turbo_install/DSCN4700.jpg
By kc12305
#286233 i saw that pic on your thread im just not quite sure how it all goes and to wear and i i never ran in to that pic on google but thanks alot it helps and that little blck box is located on the back of my block i take it and all i have to is just run the in or out to it and i should be really fine ?
so these are both the in and out for the catch can this is how it will exactly look on the back of a d16z6 block ? and i bought a return line can i use the little blue fitting like in this pic here or , can i just hookk my hoses up directly ?
By teal_dx
#286234 Oh nevermind that smaller blue fitting you circled... that's an oil line. Just 1 line from the top of the black box that you circled and the other line from the valve cover.
Don't run a return line from the catch can back to the motor. The blowby that ends up in the catch can will often contain moisture. You don't want that back in your motor. Most catch cans have a drain valve on the bottom that you can stick a cup under and empty them out, like a mini oil change. The catch can doesn't fill up that often... check it when you change your oil and there will probably not be much in it.
By kc12305
#286236 ok so i need to use these fitting for a in and out are theses right then ?
do i run the in or out line from the can to ether the red circle or the black one ?.
and from the back of the block to i run it from the black box?
Oh nevermind that smaller blue fitting you circled... that's an oil line. that were i run the feed line to the turbo ?
By teal_dx
#286326 When looking at the valve cover, there is no line on the right side, only the left. So yes the left (black circled) would go to the catch can.

nevermind that oil line in the previous pic... there is normally an OEM oil pressure sensor there. I recommend using an oil sandwich plate adaptor between the oil filter and the block to give you additional ports which you can use one for your oil feed line and use another one for the sensor to control your aftermarket oil pressure gauge (recommended for turbo setups)
By kc12305
#286351 So all I have to do is buy that sandwitch plate what anywhere?. Also on the black box I can just hook my hose to it thats it ,and if I,use steel braided tgen use tge an fitting as for the sand witch adapter just screw one of tge side ports in were the oem oil line goes and just ounce thats done run my oil turbo feed line ,and gauge,off it and just plug the rest of the ports ?..
By kc12305
#286387 Now it doswnt matter as for to were I run the in and out line ?.also teal would you happen to have and extra inter cooler pipeing , ok now for the bov I saw your pics but just how do the lines run and do I need to rum a line to my wg from a pipe and have a spliter foe the bov ?.
By kc12305
#286411 ok so i got sometime to go under my hood and i was looking at my parts and ref pics you provided for me teal but my question is that why does the oil line run in to the intake from the black box i provided some ref pics for the issue .
so do i just un hook the black hose from the black box and then put my catch can hose on it ?. or what can i do ?
if you look close you will se that the hose runs in to the intake ? i was told its not suppose to do that ????