Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Punksz6
murphidaho wrote:I finally got around to updating the site. Since last time I have successfully installed some new headlights as well as a couple other things. Kinda just fiddling around to see what I like.

I also repainted all of my black exterior pieces. Things were starting to look a little dulled. Mirrors and trim look like new now though!

New JDM Headlights - Much cleaner looking

I designed a new sealed subwoofer enclosure. This is number 3 for the car. The last one was just taking up too much space for the back to be usable. I also like the sealed sound better as well.

Amp mounted in the spare tire

All installed before carpeting

The finished product... clean looks and clean sound. The cross tie does a nice job of protecting it too if I ever load stuff in the back.

On an unrelated topic. I decided to put my old VX wheels back into use. I wrapped them in some new 165/75/R13 low rolling resistance Sumitomos, the factory tire size.

The tires have also been filled with Nitrogen. I have been hearing good things about Nitrogen filled tires. They don't heat up on the highway, and because of the larger molecules, Nitrogen doesn't osmosis through the rubber like air does. It also is supposed to help with fuel economy (which it does!)

I recently was driving through California on the I-5 headed South. For 165 miles going 76mph I averaged 60MPG!!! That's better than a PRUIS! I was stoked! I still have my Proxies with SI wheels, but I swap these babies on when its time for a road trip.

I've got a couple more projects to post on soon...

Humm Nitrogen huh!!?? Gotta read up on that! Very NICE and the Hatch looks cleaner with the OEM headlights. :thumb:
By Gustavo
#273161 Car is mint. :thumb: