Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Civic_HatchSI
#348405 Sold my slicks and rims this weekend.. I am now realizing this might be a bad idea lol...

Can't live with it can't live without it :x
By Punksz6
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Never thought this day would ever come but part out has started..
I have enjoyed this car for the past 10 yrs and I feel it is now time to move on, everything happens for a reason.

If anybody is interested in something feel free to send me a PM. I will try and get up a detailed list but as of now I am just gradually taking things apart.

Ah Man never thought you would be parting it out, Holly!! I too parted mine out and am getting a Wagovan. I kept certain parts and left other to sell with my beloved Ej1...
By Civic_HatchSI
#348875 I never thought so either. I got rid of a few more parts this month.. I might still fix the engine, still undecided. I guess it all depends on how damaged it really is.

Brian I actually picked up a s2000 over the summer. I am super happy with it. I have put quite a few miles on it in the past few months. My EG hasn't seen that many miles in over 5 years, it basically a garage ornament.. sad I know.

Here is a picture of the S. I never bother with a build thread but I may start one. I lowered it, added a oem lip and swapped out the usdm headlights for jdm. Next on the list is exhaust.

By Civic_HatchSI
#349750 Both the Civic and the s2k are stored for the long winter months :(

I ended up parting out a few things Reddrick like I mentioned previously. I still plan on pulling the engine this winter and hopefully have someone take a look at it and figure out if its worth fixing. I would really like to have it fixed but I am in no rush.

After moving it into the back of the garage for storage this weekend, I don't think I have the heart to get rid of it haha... so time will only tell the future of Reddrick. Right now I am just going to focus on the engine issue and decide from there.

I apologize for not having much of an update :thumbdown:
By Civic_HatchSI
#351156 I am happy to announce that Reddrick will live on!!! Engine will be heading to a local mechanic this weekend for check/rebuild. I have decided for the better that this car has to stay in my life no matter what. It is going on 11 years so it is like family hahaha sad I know...

So I did a leak down test last night

80% cyl 1
60% cyl 2
30% cyl 3
40% cyl 4

My fingers are crossed that it is just bad rings and not dropped sleeves

Lots of updates to come!!!!!
By TrailerTrash
#351162 cant wait :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
#351284 Spent a few hours last night working on the car, got the engine out and the transmission off.

More to come!!!
By Civic_HatchSI
#351401 Well luck is just not on my side, unfortunately the engine is more damaged then expected.

I can't justify putting more money into it at this point.. only way to have it fixed is hone it to 85mm and buy all new pistons or put two new sleeves. Either way it will cost to much to have it fixed and re tuned. There is a point where I have to draw the line, and this is it.

The mechanic that checked it out said it was all causes by incorrect assembly of the engine from the beginning. Rings were put in wrong..

By EconoBox
#351405 Man.... Sorry to see that I just went through your whole thread. Its been a great build to watch and it sucks that something messed it all up and makes you have to cut your losses with the car. My built NA GSR just did something very similar and I decided to just throw in a stock B20b so I could just enjoy my car and not worry about it. One of these days I'll get the new setup back together. Good luck with whatever you decide to do with the car.
By TrailerTrash
#351422 aw dam :cry: :cry: :cry:
By Civic_HatchSI
#351428 yeppp.. got my hopes up for nothing

Well on the plus side, if anybody needs parts send me a PM I will hook you up. Reddrick can live on in someone elses EG 8)
By Civic_HatchSI
#351489 Alright so I got this offer I am thinking hard about considering it.

In trade for my damaged 2.0L sleeved block, he offered to build me a gsr engine to run my turbo gear. Using my stock gsr block I had from my old build, he would install my Manley rods, new bearings and rings and of course my built head. With this in consideration I would be able to run my car again with little money out of my pocket. I would just have to pay to get it tuned.
Obviously I wouldn't be close to the numbers I had, but at lease I could have a fun boosted civic again.

Thoughts
:?

Sorry for all this up and down with the car, I am all over the map :roll: