Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ntruder98
#351497 I would do it, the car is in awesome shape. Maybe not today or tomorrow or the next few weeks or months. But one day will come that you will be super pissed at yourself with doing away with it. I am for sure with my old car. And i only had that car a year and a half....
By AutoXRacer
Civic_HatchSI wrote:Alright so I got this offer I am thinking hard about considering it.

In trade for my damaged 2.0L sleeved block, he offered to build me a gsr engine to run my turbo gear. Using my stock gsr block I had from my old build, he would install my Manley rods, new bearings and rings and of course my built head. With this in consideration I would be able to run my car again with little money out of my pocket. I would just have to pay to get it tuned.
Obviously I wouldn't be close to the numbers I had, but at lease I could have a fun boosted civic again.

Thoughts
:?

Sorry for all this up and down with the car, I am all over the map :roll:

The best thing you can think of is, even if you are running lower numbers out of a semi-built GSR Block, you will still have fun with it and be able to run your turbo gear.

Then while you wait and have some fun and build up some money, you can start building a beast of an engine as slow as you want and as much of a beast as you want. And it could be 3 years down the road for you to have the built motor you want, but hey who is keeping track.

You would highly regret selling your baby, even though you have. Few other toys in your possession, you would regret selling this one just because of a setback that could also open a new window.

My build has been on the back burner for over 2 years now because of my daughter and just life itself. I have almost given up on my build a few times but I couldn't bring myself to sell it, I know I would regret it without at least finishing it and having some fun with it.

Keep it and have some fun with the GSR. Then build the motor of your dreams slowly and patiently. =)

Just my 0.02 =)
By Civic_HatchSI
#351512 Thanks for all the support guys, I really appreciate it! I will keep you guys posted on everything.

Today I am bringing my stock GSR block to my buddy to have it all checked out to see if it is in good enough shape for boost. I will know more later on in the day what the verdict will be.
By Civic_HatchSI
#352128 Small update

Getting my stock gsr block freshly rebuilt and sending my head off to get cleaned. Just waiting on a head gasket before it gets assembled. I should have the motor back next week. Obviously I won't have a tune for quite some time(tuner is 5 hours away from me), so the dyno numbers won't be known until later on in this season. I am hoping to get it tuned sometime in May. For now I am going to run my old 320whp tune, hopefully it will be ok until May.

Selling my manley rods and both sets of skunk2 cams . I don't really need them for this setup. Looking for stock ITR cams if anybody has any for sale.

More updates to follow :wink:
By Civic_HatchSI
#354090 It's been a long wait but well worth it!!! Got my freshly rebuilt engine back today :D I am soooooo happy to get this thing back up and running :woot:

Going to unwrap my present and get it in as soon as possible!!

Now here is where I need some opinions from you guys. I am sending some brackets and engine parts off to powder coat. I want to do my turbo at the same time. Should I go with a fancy color or just stick with black or silver? My engine is going to be the same black and silver combo.

picture for reference so you don't have to scroll through my 60+ page build thread lol...

By TrailerTrash
#354091 i say keep the same color scheme. some more black parts would looks great in your bay dude.

i await more!
By Civic_HatchSI
#354648 Its alive!!!!!!

So happy to have my baby back together. Had it out last night, having some issues with the tune. Will have to get a street tune asap as the old tune works ok but not running great at idle. Little to lean.

By TrailerTrash
#354676 :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :love: :love: :love:
By Civic_HatchSI
#354680 I suppose eh? It is one of the hatches from the early days.. wow time sure does fly. I will always try to make time for this forum, as I find it is one of the best out there. Keep up the good work Brian :thumb:

As for the hatch, defiantly happy to have it back together. I never thought the day would ever come again, because I got really discourage with it. I am so glad I never gave up on it. I couldn't get the smile off my face when I took it out for a drive for the first time in over a year :D
By Civic_HatchSI
#354881 Hitting up the dyno Saturday morning. I am getting the local tuner to adjust my current tune I had done up at BT performance a few years ago. It just needs some minor adjustments for a/f, the car seems to run a lot better then it ever did.

Few pulls on the dyno and a quick street tune and it should be ready to go.

Keeping it very conservative this time, so don't expect any 500 plus whp this time around lol.. I will likely stay under 400whp on stock bottom end.

Updates to follow :wink: