Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908046 Well guys this is a big update and very unexpected but.... I BOUGHT REDDRICK BACK!!!!!!!!!!

Long story short, my buddy that bought it ended up putting a gsr in it then parked it. Never actually got around to putting it back on the road. I have been bugging him to buy it back for quite some time now, it was always a no answer..

I kept on him about it and he finally said yes, but only if I could find him another clean eg. So luckily I was able to find another eg in good condition this week. We both agreed to do a even trade for both hatches :)

Sooooo I should have my Reddrick back next week if all goes well. I am pretty overwhelmed about it, I honestly never thought this would happen.

I noticed all my pictures are now broken from photobucket which I cannot fix unfortunately... but I will still try and update this thread and find another hosting site for pictures.
If anybody wants to follow me on Instagram your welcome to it @s2kholly I will be keeping that up to date for sure.
By teal_dx
#6908047 I sell my EG and you buy yours back :lol: :thumb: That balances out.
Photobucket screwed a ton of people over :thumbdown:
If anyone ever needs me to host their pics for this site, PM me.
Followed you on IG!
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908402 Hahah yes this defiantly makes it balance out :)

He is finally back in my hands as of last Sunday. I have no room at my place for him at the moment, so he is currently in storage until spring.

First up on the list will be to do a little body work and fresh paint. I will likely be keeping it the same red from the ford mustang. I plan on keeping it one color this time with no carbon fiber.

I did pick up a set of JDM power folding mirrors with switch!

Here he is!! Looking sad and dirty but happy to be home :)

By Civic_HatchSI
#6908403 On another note, I found a photobucket hot link fix.

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... apbifiaedg
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908541 So I have decided to go K series this time around. I plan on doing a all motor build with a hp goal of 300.

I picked up a JDMK24A from a import shop in Montreal. It has roughly 60k on it, was removed from a automatic Type-S over in Japan. I received the motor this week, it looks to be in really good condition. I am not to sure if I am going to get a k20 head or not, but for right now I am just going to get the 50 degree VTC, RBC manifold port matched to a 72mm TB and a nice set of headers. Later on if I do pick up a head I will get it fully built then slap it on the K24 block.

I need to find myself a set of Hasport EGK2 engine mounts and a transmission. I think I am going to go with the 02-04 RSX Type-S 6 speed. They are a direct fitment from what I have read. As for clutch I plan on getting a XTD stage 1 for now until I have more power. I had really good luck with XTD in the past. Axles I need to find from a base RSX along with a CRV post mount.

So far cosmetic wise I was able to find a nice set of Konig wheels with tires for cheap. They are 15x6.5 a little narrow but I will run them for now. I bought a Momo monte carlo 320mm wheel and Sparco hub, since I sold my old wheel setup...
I was also able to find a nice set of CDM Type R front seats, these are the black suede with red stitch pretty rare to find. I will try and find a matching set for the rear. Bought a set of BNIB OEM 4 piece floor mats from AFH for a good price, mine are pretty wore. Also got a OEM SI decal and a new driver side garnish for the exterior as mine was broken.

I am hoping to have the shell back home early spring so I can start on the body work to get it ready for paint. Once that is all done I can start the engine swap etc...

Lots more to come stay tuned! If you want to keep up with me on a more frequent basis you can follow me on Instagram (s2kholly) I am so happy to be doing this build again <3

On to the pictures!!!!

By teal_dx
#6908543 I don't remember the exact weight, but those Konigs are a light weight wheel 8)
x2 on the XTD Clutch. :thumb: I had their stage 3 in my boosted hatch and never had an issue, even after an unfortunate incident during break in, the very first time I drove it.
For some reason the first time I drove the car after putting everything together, the further down the road I went, the more the brakes started to drag. By the time I figured out what was happening, it was as if someone was slamming on the brakes during shifts and had to stay in a low gear just to limp the car back to my driveway - Not the kind of force a brand new clutch should be exposed to. Front brakes were literally smoking when I got back, but the clutch was just fine and never had an issue.
Nice choice on the K swap :woot:
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908544 Yes very lightweight I believe. They have balloon tires on them right now, so I will likely switch those up.

Oh really?! that sucks!!

Thanks, I hope I made the right choice. I was very anti K series back in the day lol....
By TrailerTrash
#6908573 This thread made a great turn :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I 3rd the XTD clutch. I had a stage 3 with their light flywheel in my blue coupe with a JDM D15b and Innovative mounts. It took tons of abuse and never gave up in the almost 30k miles from the time I put it in till the time I pulled the engine to scrap the car
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908604 Thanks guys! I am super pumped to get this back on the road. I have been spending quite a bit of time collecting parts over the winter. I finally got him home about 2 weeks go, I had him in a storage unit for the winter.

So as I posted previously I planned on dropping in the k24a, I actually ended up selling that engine to a friend that wanted it really bad. I just couldn't say no lol.. I will buy another later on.

I ended up buying a complete RSX Type-S from the local copar auction. So I am going to use that current swap for now until I build my k24/k20.

Had it stripped in a weekend, I basically parted it all out to pay for the swap. I still have a few parts left off the car but not much.

Engine looks pretty decent for 131k

Needs a good cleaning

I sent the valve cover over to a buddy to have it powder coated.

I bought a set of Ktuned rad hoses
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908605 I went with a rootbeer metallic

I decided to go with a set of Innovate 70a egk2 mounts instead of Hasport. I really didn't want any chrome this time around, and I really like them in my s2000. I bought them brand new from teknotik

Hondata Kpro V3, I bought this used for a good price

Got this Ktuned header cheap as well, I would have rather the big tube but this will do for now. I would really like to find a R crew header.

By Civic_HatchSI
#6908606 The day we brought him home!!!!!!!

This is the color of paint I bought for the k20a, it is type r black off the new 2017 hatchback

Ktuned sub harness. I planned on making my own like last time, but honestly I don't have the time lol.

Painted the engine a week or so ago, came out pretty decent.
Looks awesome in the sun!

Now it's just sitting on the stand waiting.. I still have to prep and paint the transmission. I am hoping to have the motor in the car by next week.
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908607 I shaved all the brackets and unwanted holes off the RBC mani. Also ported it to a 70mm
I painted it wrinkle black

Now he is just patiently waiting..... Stay tuned guys :)
By Civic_HatchSI
#6908658 Lots of parts have been bought and installed within the past few weeks. Motor is in and running! Can't wait to get it back on the road :)