Post YOUR Hatchback here
By EgCruiser
#74559 nice working, the engine is :thumb:
is those tires some kind of racing tires or somthing , :twisted:
the rims are GREAT :thumb: keep up the good work
By york62
#74591 looking good dude, nice color! and great choice of wheels... :thumb: Keep the good progress coming!
By Xaser
biretsu89 wrote:Lookin good thumb up

CivicEG wrote:Its getting there

Cheers guys :)

IRN-RU wrote:woah talk about bad luck mate!!

None the less i think you've done a great job especially as you're at uni aswell, congrats! I just work and i dont have anywhere near as much confidence or motivation to do all that. nice work!

can't wait to see it finished.

-Ru

Your telling me hehe, yeh it probably not the best way to be doing this every weekend whilst at uni is on but taking the bus to uni is just doing my nut in. so I think if I don't get this idle issue sorted this weekend i may snap lol.

EgCruiser wrote:nice working, the engine is thumb up
is those tires some kind of racing tires or somthing , Twisted Evil

Cheers, yeh sort of they are semi-slicks some people don't like the toyo R888's I would have prefered some yoko A048's but was able to save a bit getting the R888's with the wheels so thought i would give them a try.

york62 wrote:looking good dude, nice color! and great choice of wheels... thumb up Keep the good progress coming!

Cheers! :D
By Xaser
#76970 Finally got annoyed with heading back to my dad's every weekend to work on the car so last Sunday I got it trailered through here and dumped it down in the parking for my apartment block.
Here's some crappy pics form my mates camera phone, wish I had pictures of the trailer it was a huge 17' articulated transporter the civic looked tiny on it and it only cost £33 for the weekend, if I knew it was going to be that cheap I would have done it ages ago as I was spending £20 a weekend in petrol going to my dads.

I've not had much time to work on it recently though, have been trying to catch up with uni work.
So have still not got to the bottom of the idling issue, but I did have a problem with my alternator not charging, and tracked that down to the signal form the ignition not being connected properly, but now it has started to drink the battery overnight so tick one off add another lol.

At least now having it through here I will hopefully be able to nip down and work on it some night during the week if I have time and save some petrol money for when its done. :D

Dave
By Xaser
#79895 So finally took the car for a drive today, which wasn't very kosher as I don't have an MOT but kinda needed to get part of my sill welded up before it will pass one anyway so kinda had to drive it to my mate garage.

Also last Friday I sorted my idling problem(and remember the car has been parked down in the car park for a few weeks), so when I went back down the next day there was a puddle of brake fluid underneath it I was a little surprised as it hasn't leaked the whole time it has been down there. So starting to get the feeling my car doesn't like me much any more.

So I needed to drive it up to my mates garage and thought it was going to be alright as it hadn't leaked to bad over the past week, turns out I was wrong had pretty much no brakes the whole drive up to his so was pretty scary. When I got there we thought it was probably best to check that out first, which turned out to be a huge whole in one of the pipes to the back, which is random as it must have happened since the car has been park down in the car park as it was fine before I started working on the car all those months ago. So I spent the rest of the day rerunning a new one and never got the sill welded up argh! :x.

So back to the drive verdict removing the 'no brakes' part from the equation I have to say it was pretty anti climactic I was expecting a lot more going form a D15 non-vtec to the mighty B18. Yeh it had a lot more torque low down than it used to but apart form that I was not too impressed, but to be fair I don't think my vtec is enabling but didn't really push the car to much, due to the lack of MOT didn't really want to attract to much attention and the no brakes bit as well.

So hopefully get back up tomorrow and getting the welding done and re-bleed the brakes.

Then it will be MOT time and I can finally drive it again legally, unless some other problem arises then I will just give up and buy something else but that would be with my imaginary money though.

Dave
By Greasedmonkey
#79906 Be glad you have a good GSR. No worries bout it not being a ITR. GSRs still run good! Car is looking great! If you ever get a new wing, let me know I will take your stocker!
By Xaser
Greasedmonkey wrote:Be glad you have a good GSR. No worries bout it not being a ITR. GSRs still run good!

I had got to grips with the fact its not an ITR I'm just not sure its a good GSr any more lol.

Greasedmonkey wrote:If you ever get a new wing, let me know I will take your stocker!

Yeh I read your post about wanting one of our wings the day after I had been to my local scrapyard but yes next time I'm out there if there is a decent one I shall pick it up for you. Also mine isn't that great had a big dent in it that needed a lot of filling so wouldn't feel good selling it to somebody.

Cheers for the comments though.

Dave
By Greasedmonkey
#79984 Thanks man, its cool you thought about it. If you get out there, try to find one that is good and let me know. I need one still for the other car.
By Xaser
#95679 Since I got it MOT'd yesterday I got it road taxed today, so it is now officially back on the road :D :woot:.

Got the spoon modified and fitted last night as well. Thought it was pretty quiet when I first fitted it and wondered what all the fuss was about, but now its started to bed in it has got a fair bit louder but I still love it :D

So next on the plan it to get my new sunroof(moonroof) fitted and give the dirty bugger a good clean :lol:
By LaMbErT*
#95698 amazing work mate the engine sure does look clean ! I hope everything runs well mate.

Where bouts in edinburgh are you ?
By Xaser
LaMbErT* wrote:amazing work mate the engine sure does look clean ! I hope everything runs well mate.

Cheers mate :D its not that clean any more, matches the rest of the car now :lol:
By Xaser
#96573 So I gave the car a quick clean, nothing special as it was dirty again 5 seconds later, thought I would get some pics to throw up here.

Rusty Disc! just from one night

Dirty Engine bay

SPOON!!!!!!!

By Xaser
Graham wrote:Nice one Dave 8)

Cheers bud! :thumb:
By 94 DX Hatch
#97189 All you gotta do is slam it...Car would be perfect. Looks so clean! :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: