Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Xaser
#72592 Hi guys i joined up a while back but haven't really posted much but finally got round to doing some of the things i have been planning to do on my car for he last couple of years now.

So here is some picture of how it use to look.

So 1st off i stripped it out and started sorting out the honda rotz ready for it getting sprayed.

Empty bay

Old engine

Some pics of the honda rotz.

My original plan was to do all the work myself but my mum had spoke to one of her friends who sprays cars and he gave me what i thought was gonna be a good deal, so decided to go with him to get its spray which meant i could spend more time sorting out the other stuff for the car.

So i fixed up some of the rust myself, but he had offered to fit the arch skins for me, which i thought would be good as he would probably do a better job of it than me.

so got it back from paint about 2 weeks later than he said it would be done and he still has my bumpers and sunroof right now which has been about 5 weeks since i got the rest of the car back. But anyway to say the least i am really disappointed with the spray job really think i should have spent the money on buying the equipment and did it myself, so taking it as a live and learn moment.

Some pictures of the monstrosity. The Engine bay was a joke.

So i had to spend some more money and time to respray my engine bay as he had made a hell of a mess of it i also had to redo the number plate inlay on the boot as i had no idea how he had got it to turn out like that.

Cleaned up bay

Hopefully i will get my bumpers and that back soon, as i am just going to have to live with it as i started back at uni 3 weeks ago, and the car is my daily driver and with it not being finished i have had to arrange to get lifts back up to my dads (which about 80 miles form where i live) for the past 2 weekends to keep working on the car trying to get it finished.

Anyway back to the build so after i had resprayed the engine bay, I cleaned up and under sealed some parts of the car that needed attention and finally got some new bits fitted like my new disc'ed rear arms.

Then got round to sorting the engine out :D yay the bit i have been really wanting to do, i finally got it in 2 weekends ago but had only just got it in when my lift had arrived to bring me back down the road. So weekend passed i got the drive shafts in and the front end together and tried to mount my new radiator, but that seems to be playing on the bonnet, so looks like i'm going to have to reposition the mounts for that next time i'm home.

oh and almost for forgot the best job the making of the loom, as i had got the obd2 ecu with the engine i thought it would be easy just to convert the my loom to obd2 and as I'm a cheap ass i didn't want to buy a converter. so got an ITR loom for cheap and hacked both looms and made my own home made obd2 civic eg loom. don't really have any pics on the making off it as it was just a big mess and it took me over a week worth of nights to make but to be honest i wasn't really in the mood those nights to make it lol. but here's a pic of the final thing.

So here's other pics showing where it is right now.

list of mods

Spoon sports fixed damping shocks
rota slips with R888's
ITR all round 5 lug conversion
JDM B18C
ITR radiator
Junracing rip of manifold
soon to be fitted spoon b pipe and n1 back box.
and soon to be fitted ITR front and rear ARB's
home made rear brace plate
some cheap rear LCA's

Hope you like,

Dave
Last edited by Xaser on Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:08 am, edited 4 times in total.
By Xaser
Civic_HatchSI wrote:wow nice work so far :thumb: I really like that blue

Thanks very much yeh, its fiji blue seen it on a new JDM civic and really liked it although i think the paint guy ordered the high pearl mix of it so in my opinion it looks a little ricey when the sun is shinning on it.
By Gorveatt
#72603 fiji blue fucking pwns. i love that color
By Greasedmonkey
#72620 Car looks awesome!!

But one question. Why does your JDM ITR have a GSR or SIR-G intake manifold on it?
By CivicTypeR
#72626 Looks like a 5 year old tried to paint your car man, I'm loving the colour but that guy who did it is a douche. Looks very orange peely, and that picture showing of the, looks like top of door or something... them spots, is that dirt or what?

On the hole, I love what you're doing with it and it's going in the right direction. Good luck fitting the engine loom, I wouldn't have a clue where to start lol. You'll love the B18 :thumb:
By bietelboer
#72813 WTF!? the rust on that car! :eh:
By Xaser
#72853 Yay it lives, was only able to get back for one day this weekend but got enough of it bolted back together to start it which it did, but seems to be idling weird. When I first started it it was away up at 3000rpm but started to drop then start bouncing up and down between 2000 - 3000rpm, then when i started again later it only went up to 2000rpm but now drops to 1000rpm then back up to 2000rpm.

Greasedmonkey wrote:Why does your JDM ITR have a GSR or SIR-G intake manifold on it?

To be perfectly honest the engine was a bit of an impulse buy and I didn't really get a chance to get up to my dads to see the engine after getting but I did notice this when I finally got the chance to start working on it which puzzled me, but still went with it as the place I got it from was never gonna take it back as it had been a good few months. I didn't realise that inlet manifold came on the sir-g's as well had only seen it on GSR's but this did have me panicking about what else might be wrong with it as it would seem the guy lied and and I would guess its form an SIR-G. What are the other main physical difs between the SIR-G and the ITR? so I can try and def find out what I have bought.

SlipCivic wrote:Looks like a 5 year old tried to paint your car man, I'm loving the colour but that guy who did it is a douche.

Yeh really pissed me off I think I would have been better off burning the money on buying a pet monkey and giving it a brush and let it go mad, but hey you live and learn i guess. I'm hopefully getting it machine polished next week which will get rid of the orange peal and a few of the other bits. But still never gonna hide the sh** job he has done.

Graham wrote:Wow great work man!!!! Cool

Cheers mate good to hear after all the annoyance i have been through.
By Xaser
#72854 Here's some pics for today, sorry about the quality not a great camera and it was abit dark by the time I had finished. also ignore the dirty filter its all i had lying around will sort it out at some point.

]Image
Image[/img]
By Greasedmonkey
#72860 If its an ITR motor the head will have a PR3 casting number on it and the SIR-G will have a P72 casting number. ITR has a higher compression ration, better cames, different head, intake valves, valvesprings and retainers, Exhuast manifold and Intake manifold. Has a much better tranny than the SIR-G as well too.
By CivicTypeR
#72884 wow, very clean inside :thumb:
By Xaser
Greasedmonkey wrote:If its an ITR motor the head will have a PR3 casting number on it and the SIR-G will have a P72 casting number. ITR has a higher compression ration, better cames, different head, intake valves, valvesprings and retainers, Exhuast manifold and Intake manifold. Has a much better tranny than the SIR-G as well too.

Hmm long list :( i was expecting some of that but was hoping it wasn't that much. Cheers for the info :) i will check it out next weekend but i think if my memory isn't failing me the head has a p72 casting number.

SlipCivic wrote:wow, very clean inside thumb up

Lol cheers, it has had a few months of me climbing in and out of it, the original plan was to respray the indside as well, but that was changed to get it back on the road asap so i don't have to take the bus anymore. :D
By Greasedmonkey
#72955 You should go find out. A P72 would make it a GSR or SiR-G motor.