Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Xaser
#358338 Thanks :D
Been sorting out a few teething issues this past week, hope to get it back out again soon.
By Xaser
#358881 A few small updates.

Still got some little issues to resolve before getting the car tip top but since I last posted I pulled the sump and knocked the dent. I also look into fitting some gauges for Oil Temp and Pressure etc, but kept getting s small oil leak from the sandwich plate and after just fixing the leak from the VTEC solenoid I got pretty annoyed and abandoned that plan for now.

I also looked into sorting a new battery as the one in the car was about 11 years old and had been forgot about during the build so was only holding charge for a few days. So decided to go a little special and save some more weight and picked up one of these.

Since fitting this battery though a few new issues have appeared and I don't know if it just coincidence or not. One of which is sometimes the car just won't crank at all, I don't even get a clunk from the solenoid, but when it does crank after a few turns of the key it cranks fine and fire straight up. If it is just a coincident that would lead me toward either the ignition switch or the starter solenoid being the problem. As is always the case with intermittent faults though every time I have went to try and diagnose it, it works fine. :?

Finally, after getting a lot of complaints about how hard it is to get in and our of my car, I decided to make things a little easier and picked up some different seats. So pick up these which I am super impressed with, as they don't come with FIA approval, they are sold for a much more reasonable price. They still feel really good when driving the car, pretty much as good as my old one but now with some added benefits like not having to empty my pockets of my wallet and phone to get in the car, so makes it a little better to DD.

By Xaser
#359444 Finally got the car out on track! :woot:

Had a few things to fix over the past few weeks, needed to replace both front wheel bearings, then got a problem with the ignition which turned out to be a TPS issue, took quite a while to track down I have a post about it on Hondata. Fixed that with buying the K-Tuned Hall effect TPS. I also sorted myself out a new shed as well for working on the cars, wish it came a few weeks earlier so i didn't have to the wheel bearing in the drive but hey.

Anyway here's some vids of the trackday, will post some pics when i get home.

https://youtu.be/k7Blr9ZpNhI

https://youtu.be/TSv_oXKPrJA

As always with these things the onboard looks slow :( compared to how it felt on the day. I do know there are loads of places I can make up time but saying that i'm pretty happy with my times, was only expecting 1:10's if i was lucky. Was still awesome fun and the car drove great, really impressed didn't really miss a beat apart from a starter motor issue at the end but that was an easy fix. Car didn't seem to care about being ragged at all never got hot or anything, hopefully getting back to do the circuit in the other direction towards the end of the month.

Dave
By Driv-it-hard
#359447 Xaser,
Love the build and the car sounds great.
May I ask you for favor. I am planing of buying that same three point brace over the motor but I have a custom intake manifold. Would you be able to send me measurements of the brace. nothing to complex. Or a clear photo of your end bay with it on so I can guestimate.
Thanks
By Xaser
#359449 Cheers,

Just sent you a PM with some pics of the strut bar. Did you ever get your rear weather strip sorted, I sent you a PM a while back and never heard back.

Dave