Post YOUR Hatchback here
By foxtuning65
TrailerTrash wrote:nice update :thumb:

how ridiculous is that clutch to drive with?

Its not too bad. I definitely like my sprung clutch better for daily driving but you just have to rev this one a little higher to start. I get dirty looks late at night while leaving red lights cause of the revving to get going. Compared to what I have heard about it, its actually very streetable if youre not a pansy haha
By foxtuning65
#341270 I haven't updated in a while again but I've definitely been busy. Got a really good upgrade that will probably shoot the car down into the 10's. But I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

I decided that paying $300 for a catch can kit was crazy do we decided to make one and I got it powdercoated wrinkle black.

Got a call from a friend, he had one of these laying around his speed shop. Picked up this monster. Runners are HUGE.

While I was there he talked me into picking up a head package.

And then finally the BIG UPGRADE

USDM b18c1 block
-81.5 mm bore
-CP pistons 9:1 comp
-Eagle H beams
-ACL main and rod bearings
-Supertech block guard
-gsr oil pan with fitting for oil return
-type r oil and water pump
-brand new honda timing belt
-built and tuned by CLM Tuning
-with a b16 built head made 704 hp on q16 at 30psi of boost.

Can't wait to turn up the boost and get the car into tens.
By foxtuning65
#341392 More updates.
Picked up some bling over the past few days.
Good shape Benen tow hooks for $20. Can't beat that.

And then another big upgrade.
Exospeed Star 8's. 3 piece wheels. With Mickey Thompson slicks. Sick looking wheels.

Next up, axles.
By foxtuning65
egsedanguy wrote:lets see what they look like mounted :thumb:

Hopefully sometime soon I will. I can't wait to get them on. I'm currently at the hospital with my wife who is getting induced with our first child so the slicks will have to wait haha
By egsedanguy
foxtuning65 wrote:
egsedanguy wrote:lets see what they look like mounted :thumb:

Hopefully sometime soon I will. I can't wait to get them on. I'm currently at the hospital with my wife who is getting induced with our first child so the slicks will have to wait haha

haha well congrats. i would hope that is more important lol :thumb:
By AutoXRacer
#341429 Congrats on your first born man!, mine is a year and 2 months old now and I still haven't touched my car in like 6 months, it is so hard to get the motivation to work on your car when your baby takes up all your time and money.

But you will love and cherish every minute with your newborn, enjoy it. =)
Again congrats bud and I hope to see some progress unlike my procrastinating ass, lol
By foxtuning65
#341562 Thanks guys. She's definitely fun to have but a handful. Not really an update but I took some pics of the slicks out in the light today.

Then with my lugs

I can't wait to get them on the car and see what they look like.
By foxtuning65
#342213 More racecar parts! Made a trip to Dynamic performance the other day and come home with a bunch of goodies.

First and foremost, these guys were awesome. Rolando met me at the door and brought me around the shop and I was only really there're for some block fittings and a diffuser. Made a great first impression.

Anyway here are some of the goodies I got while I was there.
Rear diffuser

Block fittings for a catch can

I also walked out with this Full race weighted shift knob

Finally, after talking with Rolando about my set up he obviously suggested a catch can. Then he offered me the catch can of their Black Lavender race car. The one they infamously crashed. It has a dent and stripped threads on one of the fittings but I couldn't pass a chance to use a DP custom made catch can

The following day I went and picked up this little gem. GSR Trans, 0 miles on rebuild. Carbon coated synchros 1-5. Rebuilt 2,3,4. And top it off with a quaiffe LSD all for $750. Couldn't beat it. He even cracked the case open for me to see it all. Anyway, here's some pics

Later that same day a friend of mine gave me a call an I picked this up. A kirkey seat and 5 point harness for $100

Finally, today I picked this up. AFI custom back door intercooler. Came with all piping and is in great shape and HUGE.

Can't wait for the weather to break so I can start putting some parts on the car.
By foxtuning65
#343497 I can't believe it's been so long since I've posted on here. A little progress was made. Still waiting for the weather to break.

First off, I bought more parts! I went to DP for another small shopping spree.

I finally picked up my BWR top mount manifold. Really good quality and I'm very impressed.

Then on to the head build...

Supertech HD200 valve springs and retainers (100psi)

Then I picked up my 1100cc injectors

Supertech inconel valves.

I also picked up my gates timing belt and got better pictures of my DP scatter sheild.

I found the head as well. Got a deal on it. It's a 95 GSR head with skunk2 valves, valve springs, retainers and has 0 miles since rebuilt.
My plan is to take all the skunk2 stuff off of this head and replace it with my Supertech and keep the skunk2 for the b16 head I have that I'm not using

The head will be getting new valve guides, seals and fully rebuilt/milled by Headgames motor works.

And just for fun, a pic of my little one rocking her moms Dynamic Performance shirt. *note the finger*

Once the weather breaks the real work will begin.
:woot:
By foxtuning65
teal_dx wrote:So much good in that last post! That manifold has me drooling - it belongs in a museum.
And your kiddo giving the finger :lol:

She gets her attitude from Her mother haha

More parts!
Got my turbo and wastegate mounted on the manifold
Precision 6262 with billet wheel

Turbo on manifold and Tial 44mm wastegate

Also got my suspension finally!
D2 drag, 10k front, 18k rear. Also bought street rear springs at 10k for some drivability.

Finally got a nice day and put on my BWR brace and lower control arms. As well as my D2's

Also picked up my new clutch! Spec twin disks! Sintered iron FTW

Last but not least, got to try the slicks on the beast
Clearly have to raise the car, but sick looking none the less!