Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Outlaw-hatch
#68499 hello thought i would start a build thread to show the progress i will be making on my eg4.. when i got the car it didnt look so bad but there is still alot of work to be done .. so far i have started using filler on the dents and dings ...and i have removed the keyhole from the tailgate and removed the radio antenna and smoothed both of them in..i have also smoothed of the indicators on the front wings(fenders) because everyone has them here in the uk and i know its jdm to hae them but i like the look of the usdm wings with none..im not trying to build a jdm eg..my goal is to build a clean oem civic with just some small changes that most people wouldnt even regonise unless they had a eg themselves. the car is vogue silver at the minute but i will be painting it rio red..il be painting the car red and the engine bay black before i do my swap. so if i decide to change the colour of my car the engine bay will already be a neutaral colour..i will be doing all the work myself and will try to get it done as soon as possible. il put up a pic of the car as how i got it then now after a little bit of work..thanx Gus

the day i got it

stripping the car

removed and filled the lock on the tailgate

removed and smoothed out were the antenna used to be.

just some filling to remove dents and removing the indicators and smoothing them in for a cleaner look.

a different door from another civic which is in really good condish.

another better wing i had lucky enough..though i still had to smooth out the indicator hole..for this i welded a piece of metal on the inside of the wing then applied the filler

both rear arches are bad with rust and some major dents on the lip of the arch were someone had tried to roll them but not to well.

my new rear quarter repair panels..cant wait till get them welded in.

well thats all so far,im gona get a borrow of my dads welder this week hopefully go get the rear quarter panels fixed to the car...the car was completly stripped but i just temporaly put the doors,wings,tailgate etc back on to get better lines in places that im using filler..they all will be coming of again for paint anyways again.. il try to keep my progress updated as soon as i can .thanx :thumb:
Last edited by Outlaw-hatch on Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
By asianrob
#68501 wow you have a long ways to go! looks good in the first pic! what are your plans as far as getting everything like motor wise than etc..
By Outlaw-hatch
#68503 hey yeah i sure do have a long way to go ,but i love doing this and getting a good end product..motor wise i have a b16b from a ek9 that i have in my bedroom but its a a hundred pieces at the mine because im change the rings and valve stem seal etc . the goal im aiming for is by the time the car is painted il have the d2 coilovers im after and a nice sublte exhaust system inlucing the manifold..and my engine rebuilt and ready to swap out with the d15b2. im also not sure about the rims that are on it ..i just put them on for a few days after i got it.. here is a pic of my daily driver.. im not spending any money on this for the time being as i will just be using it for work etc

By Civic_HatchSI
#68505 nice car good luck with your body work, Im doing the same thing to my eg, very time consuming.
By Outlaw-hatch
#68531 hey thanx..have you a build thread going to? are you doing the bodywork yourself? thats a nice red hatch :thumb:
By CivicTypeR
#68566 Why get rid of the side markers :(
By Outlaw-hatch
#68572 why do people put jdm tailgates on ukdm cars? lol im just trying to do something a lil different and at the end it will be a clean looking oem civic ....not rice. look above at jdm-chicks civic..i like the way it runs smooth from the wing to quarter with no side marker breaking the lines of the car..just a personal refernce i think.
By Outlaw-hatch
#69307 i got the day of work today so i thought i would cut out my driver side rear arch and weld in my new rear quarter panel repair arch.. just have alot of sanding to do now to get it right then its on to the passenger side..should hopefully have all the body in undercoat by the end of the weekend.

By Outlaw-hatch
#69336 i wish lol i have alot of work ahead in the next 2 weeks..need to get the paint done so i can swap out my d15b2 for my b16b.
By Outlaw-hatch
#69422 so my s2000 clutster came today..cant wait to get them installed when i pick up my itr dash.

By CivicTypeR
Outlaw-hatch wrote:why do people put jdm tailgates on ukdm cars?

Cause it makes you look more JDM? Where your car originated from? Oh and if that was a Low-Ball at me, because I drive a UKDM car, my car was actually made in Japan.

Outlaw-hatch wrote:look above at jdm-chicks civic..i like the way it runs smooth from the wing to quarter with no side marker breaking the lines of the car..just a personal refernce i think.

US Civic's all come like this. There Civ's never came with side markers, cause they're lame.

P.s. I love the Cluster :thumb:
By Outlaw-hatch
#69428 it wasnt a low blow lol i was saying why do people put jdm tailgates on uk cars....because its a self preference and its the same with me..i know usdm cars dont have side markers and i like that so im going the opposite way from jdm with the side markers. :thumb: and thanx the cluster was expensive lol but should be worth it
By Outlaw-hatch
#70411 so im right in the middle of my bodywork on my hatch project and i was on the computer last night looking at cars for sale and seen this red hatch and the reg looked familar so i asked my cousin did he know the car...and it was his very 1st eg hatch but it was in a bad way since when he owned it.(i live with my cousin so our house is a eg civic shrine lol) so we rang the guy 1st thing and went and picked it up for very very cheap and its gona get a overhaul just like mine so now we have double the work..lucky enough he has a h22 set up sitting waiting for it and i have my b16b waitng..will post more pics on next update.

Last edited by Outlaw-hatch on Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By BTR_CHRIS
#70437 damn s2k cluster sound freakin clean. you gotta post pics of that when your done