Post YOUR Hatchback here
By suspendedHatch
#60626 http://causeforalarm.thecarthing.com/ve ... index.html

The 3 Stage VTEC motor has both VTEC-E and VTEC in one motor. That's how I'm able to get VX mpg and Si power all at once. The motor looks just like a D16Y8 but has two VTEC solenoids as you can see in the top left of this pic:

VTEC-E is a mechanism that switches from 12 to 16 intake valves. This gives you better low to mid RPM than the VTEC motors. It also allows you to run very lean mixtures at cruising.

SOHC VTEC as you know changes the timing, lift, and duration of the intake valves for high RPM power and allows a non-VTEC cam profile that is optimized for low to mid RPM power, mileage, and emissions.
By kimosabe
#60643 wow :thumb: I never heard about this kind of vtec :o
By thedaemon
#61134 Basically the same type of build I want to do, you just beat me too it. :thumb: Very nice, a great build imho. Without all your fancy tuning do you think the stock motor (3 stage) will get similar gas mileage? I don't think I will be going quite all out as you have, but the same motor seems ideal. Thanks
By suspendedHatch
#61364 If you convert your wiring to OBD2 and run the hard-to-find P2J, you could probably get similar mileage to what I'm currently getting. I have a lot of performance mods that hurt mileage ie LSD, performance tires, etc. I still have a lot of unlocked potential in the tune. When I get some money together I need to tune the part throttle ignition timing on a load-holding dyno.
By fcb civic
#234346 sir i have this engine to my car is automatic but i dont know what ecu should i have ???
can you give me its number and i want to ask you can i install a super charger on it
thanks