Post YOUR Hatchback here
By LaMbErT*
teal_dx wrote:I bought the tail gate on craigslist.org, turns out the guy lived in my development. It was an almost new VIS for $300, although the fit was pretty horrible. I guess VIS is known for their hoods not tail gates :eh:

lol its hard to find c/f parts that do fit right !
By insigma
#89793 love the car man! :)
By ak42
#89954 car is pretty sick
By CivicTypeR
ak42 wrote:car is pretty sick

X2 :thumb:
By teal_dx
#119577 It's been a few months...
I sold the HF manifold and bought a cast Greddy style mani. Which meant I had to modify the downpipe to fit. Which also put the downpipe in the way of the fan. So I installed a slim push fan on the front of the radiator. I also got an oddysey battery. I just got the IC piping all figured out and got a decent teal on a nicer t3 turbo. I just wired up an EGT gauge (pyrometer) last weekend. Also bought a Hallman manual boost controller. Everything is starting to come together, sorry no pics at the moment, have not had time to upload anything new lately.

Next is wiring in a removable resistor box, boost gauge hookup, vac lines & BOV, 255 lph fuel pump, and last but not least ecu & tuning. I have a p28 chipped w/ Crome that I plan on ditching and going with Hondata s300.
I never planned on it, but figured how much I invested in the setup so far and the brain in no place to cheap out. SuspendedHatch got me thinking clearly on that one!
There's a local authorized Hondata tuner who needs a website. I talked with him and he's cool with trading tuning time for a new website :thumb:

Also, maybe because I'm getting older and less hardcore than I used to be, but I decided that I'm not going to own a gutted hatch anymore.
1. sounds like you're driving inside a tin can since sound deadening is removed. you hear every tiny piece of dirt hit the wheelwells/underside
2. sucks having your tools/cargo bounce and rattle all over the car when you're driving.
3. with the extra power I'll be making, what's so bad about an extra ~50 lbs.

The rear seat is still staying out though... I'm not that old!
By Vti93T
#119589 omg he updated his thread!!!! :o yay
By egsedanguy
#119624 interior is nice. keeps it quiet. mine was gutted to a dash and seat when i was first starting. and man was it loud. it really sounds like you in a 50 gal drum rolling down a hill lol. pics with interior?
By Chance
#119627 I will NEVER rock a gutted hatch.. I dont do any races and think It looks like a$$holio... I LOVE FULL INTERIOR.. especially my new interior 8)
By eg-95
#119634 what am amazing build.. im well impressed :thumb:
By Vti93T
Chance wrote:I will NEVER rock a gutted hatch.. I dont do any races and think It looks like a$$holio... I LOVE FULL INTERIOR.. especially my new interior 8)

we are rocking half interior and it's not bad..I've ridden in gutted cars that are super loud and some gutted cars that are quiet
By JDM FERIO MAN
Jdm_Katie wrote:
Chance wrote:I will NEVER rock a gutted hatch.. I dont do any races and think It looks like a$$holio... I LOVE FULL INTERIOR.. especially my new interior 8)

we are rocking half interior and it's not bad..I've ridden in gutted cars that are super loud and some gutted cars that are quiet
X2 :lol: :lol:
By teal_dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:hey i just had a quick question for you... how come you decided to put 1000 N/A miles on your motor before slapping the turbo on it? just to test the waters?

yeah pretty much. When starting a new engine for the first time, it's crucial that it be running correctly. Not too rich or lean. I wanted to break it in with the stock ecu and worry about tuning it once it had some miles.
And having done a wire tuck, I would rather find out I wired something wrong in stock form then when I had the turbo installed trying to tune it at a dyno.
Luckily, everything electrical was OK.
Plus I just wanted to drive it finally :twisted:
By BLaCkSiLo
#121577 yeah, i bet man...that's my plan, im going to run it on stock ECU for how ever long it takes me to gather turbo parts....build the bottom, make sure she's all good

how was it driving it NA? just like stock feel?