Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Skyu_Ivy
#8790 Well if there was only one bad review i agree with user error! I will definately consider an XTD if i have to replace the one on my stock motor!
I checked them out also.. .they are decently priced! :D
By -EJ1- COUPE
#8832 i have and xtd on my h22 and its a stage 3. i liked how the clutch felt 6 pucks get annoying though with lots of traffic :D
By teal_dx
#9189 I finished painting late last night :woot:
I still have the trim to paint, rear brakes & clutch to bleed, put in seats & belts, muffler to weld up, and then fire it up!

back to the paint pics...
at first I was set on trying the $50 paint job on the entire car since I've seen it done with great results when done right.
Well it turns out they didn't have the green I like available in the can, so I am just doing the roof black.

the ingredients

the secret is to to LIGHT coats. I see too many people making it too thick and it looks like truck bed liner when they roll it on. My first coat was too thick so I wiped it off and started again. This is the second coat after I removed the first coat.

it was actually a little too thin, but better to be too thin than too thick.

a few coats later...

someone opened the garage while this coat was wet and got a shit load of dust in the finish :x

but it all sanded out and was fine after 8)
I'm on coat 6 right now, I am going to do a few more coats.

on to the rest of the body...
done!

primer
one of many guide coats

pics from last night:

overall I'm happy with the result! These pics were taken while the paint was still wet, so they look a little bit glossier than the final. After it cures, I'll do some wet sanding and bring that shine back to where it is in the pics, and then some.
There's a little bit of orange peel happening on the left door which will be taken care of in the wet sanding too. Not bad for doing it by myself in a garage :hehe:

Oh and here's something that made me laugh... I was painting w/ shorts on and wearing shoes...
damn overspray :lol:
By stefan
#9194 Haha, LOL @ your leg, priceless! Hulkster :D

But it's looking really neat man, good job!!
Also, wet-sanding is the secret of every good paintjob for as far as I know, after polishing it should look really good, very interesting, as I'm planning on painting my roof black to :)
Can I ask you, why did you do the roof with a paint roller, in stead of spraypainting it??
Nice to see I'm not the only DIYer here :woot:
By teal_dx
#9211 I wanted to try the roller method, just to give it a shot. The roof is a flat surface so it was a good volunteer for the experiment :thumb:

Also to keep the bay clean, I did a wire tuck: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=92

before:

after:

nevermind the zip tied intake... that's just temporary until there's turbo piping there :woot:
Last edited by teal_dx on Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:23 am, edited 3 times in total.
By ChicagoMike
#9214 You've done an amazing job on that car!! :thumb:

Great DIY work!! :bowdown:
By ohDirka
#9220 looks great teal awesome work
By -EJ1- COUPE
#9223 lookin good teal now get it together :lol:
By chnzgoofball
#9233 nice!!! :thumb: is it all spray can??
By Greasedmonkey
#9272 Car looks good so far!! Now put everything back on it and take some pics.
By Skyu_Ivy
#9548 That is friggin sweet :D Can't wait to see some vidoes of it in action haha
By sqsi
#9549 Car looks great, keep up the good work
By LaMbErT*
#9559 Looks amazing for what u used man and lol @ yer leg! You seem to know alot about this shit :lol:
By ChicagoMike
#9992 Oh so nice!! 8)

Did ya get the fuel issue fixed?? I did give you bad info yesterday, my relay does in fact click twice, my bad.