Post YOUR Hatchback here
By teal_dx
#332586 Yes I did. The primer doesn't always lay down perfectly smooth and I was painting in a garage, not a paint booth so there were some specs of dirt and a couple of bugs I went back and sanded down.
By teal_dx
#332587 BTW, I got the car mostly together and started it up for a while. Had to jump because the battery is dead, so I ordered another PC680.

new shaved bumper!
By jadeydrag0117
#332591 cool thanks.

the thing is ive read somewhere that you cant get primer wet,

SO now i'm thinking if you wetsand / drysand in-between coats

how will you get the paint to dry if ur wet sanding ??
or
how will you get the sand dust off if your dry sanding , without washing it off with water ??

probably what I read was bullcrap , since your paint job obviously came out :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: ,

THANKS
By jadeydrag0117
teal_dx wrote:Use a rag with some wax/grease remover. It evaporates fast. :thumb:

cool ! haha i was actually considering that since i have an extra dupicolor wax/grease remover in my garage.

thanks.
By jadeydrag0117
#332598 what would you say is the ideal wait for the paint to dry between coats before sanding,

I was thinking a coat a day then sand it the next morning ?? i've read up on so many DIY threads but not really sure about this though.
By teal_dx
jadeydrag0117 wrote:what would you say is the ideal wait for the paint to dry between coats before sanding,

I was thinking a coat a day then sand it the next morning ?? i've read up on so many DIY threads but not really sure about this though.

It all depends on the type of paint, how thick you lay it down, the humidity & temperature...

There should be approximate dry times in the instructions on the paint, as well as re-coat windows.
By Apexracing
teal_dx wrote:BTW, I got the car mostly together and started it up for a while. Had to jump because the battery is dead, so I ordered another PC680.

new shaved bumper!

Heck yea OG goodness!
By Punksz6
#332870 Dang almost a year.. But yeah life can get really busy at times, especially if you have little ones. :D
By FG2_Andrew
#334413 update update update?