Post YOUR Hatchback here
By teal_dx
#15474 looking to end up with somewhere between 275 - 300 WHP
Anything more than that is it's axle breaking & clutch slipping. :lol:
I'll probably call it a day @ 275 WHP. That should be scary enough :twisted:

The only bottle neck in the setup is the internal wastegate. I'm not sure how many lbs of boost I can push before I get too much boost creep using an internal wastegate. I've got the internals to handle plenty of boost though :thumb:
I'm going to get it tuned with this setup, and then down the road I'll get a better manifold & external wastegate and remove & weld the internal wastegate closed.
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:- (what's a full tank of gas weigh?)

8 pounds per gallon! 8)
By ChicagoMike
#15478 I dont know the exact number, but I do know weight is the enemy in our lil cars.

Thats why drag cars run fuel cells that hold very little gas. The less load you put on the motor, the faster our cars are.
By merbo
#15480 love those rims do they come in gold then polished lip? :thumb:
By teal_dx
fresh eh2* wrote:I Herd this b4 but i dunno if its true i herd for every 7 pounds added in your car equals out 1 HP? is that tru?

I read once that 200 lbs = .2 sec in the 1/4 mi

on our torqueless civics, less weight is always better. Not only does it improve acceleration, it also improves handling and braking :thumb:
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:I read once that 200 lbs = .2 sec in the 1/4 mi

Thats the exact formula I use!! For every 100lbs, a tenth off in the quarter mile. :thumb:
By teal_dx
merbo wrote:love those rims do they come in gold then polished lip? :thumb:

They could, if you paint them :thumb:

They are just OEM HX rims that came on the 96-2000 civic HX. They weigh 12.75 lbs and can be bought pretty cheap ($200 for a set of 4 is average)

They are all painted silver from Honda, I stripped this set down and polished them http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

They are 14" and the only thing I don't like is they are only 5.5" wide... 6" (or 7") would be better but 5.5 is the minimum recommended width for 195 width tires so you can still find nice tires for the HX rims :thumb: just not as many options as a 205.

However AddictiveAllMotor showed the world that you can mount a 215 on HX rims :thumb: Looks tough!
By -EJ1- COUPE
#15491 are you using dsm blue top injectors? what do you want to tune it with
By merbo
teal_dx wrote:
merbo wrote:love those rims do they come in gold then polished lip? :thumb:

They could, if you paint them :thumb:

They are just OEM HX rims that came on the 96-2000 civic HX. They weigh 12.75 lbs and can be bought pretty cheap ($200 for a set of 4 is average)

They are all painted silver from Honda, I stripped this set down and polished them http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2

They are 14" and the only thing I don't like is they are only 5.5" wide... 6" (or 7") would be better but 5.5 is the minimum recommended width for 195 width tires so you can still find nice tires for the HX rims :thumb: just not as many options as a 205.

However AddictiveAllMotor showed the world that you can mount a 215 on HX rims :thumb: Looks tough!

oh im sorry i meant the rims on page 1 :)
By teal_dx
#15515 yep DSM blue tops, I have a P28 chipped with CROME.

Unfortunately basemaps & tuning is something that I know nothing about.
All I know is that right now the P28 w/ CROME has a D16y5 basemap. I don't even have a laptop or wideband to tune with. So I'm probably going to have to get it trailered to a tuner. SlowMotion Motorsports is one of the best Honda tuners in OH, but they're 2.5 hrs away. There's a dyno not too far (20 mins) so I might just try to find someone who knows crome and pay them to do it & rent the dyno for a while.

Still not sure how that's all going to work out. Ideally, I'd like to get everything installed, check for leaks, and limp it there so I don't set up dynotime & ave a tuner come down only to find I have an oil or exhaust leak and waste everyone's time.

Maybe I could install the turbo, 3" exhaust, and just drive it there keeping the rpm's low. Then once I get there, install the 450cc injectors, CROME P28, and walbro 255LPH :?
By -EJ1- COUPE
teal_dx wrote:yep DSM blue tops, I have a P28 chipped with CROME.

All I know is that right now the P28 w/ CROME has a D16y5 basemap. I don't even have a laptop or wideband to tune with. So I'm probably going to have to get it trailered to a tuner. SlowMotion Motorsports is one of the best Honda tuners in OH, but they're 2.5 hrs away. There's a dyno not too far (20 mins) so I might just try to find someone who knows crome and pay them to do it & rent the dyno for a while.

Still not sure how that's all going to work out. Ideally, I'd like to get everything installed, check for leaks, and limp it there so I don't set up dynotime & ave a tuner come down only to find I have an oil or exhaust leak and waste everyone's time.

Maybe I could install the turbo, 3" exhaust, and just drive it there keeping the rpm's low. Then once I get there, install the 450cc injectors, CROME P28, and walbro 255LPH :?

well the tuner where im from says that dsm's are not the best injector and they are kinda hard to tune but thats just what he says.... about driving it, you could. when we turboed my friends d16 hatch we drove it on stock injectors and pump we just didnt boost it, it was like that for two weeks
By york62
teal_dx wrote:yep DSM blue tops, I have a P28 chipped with CROME.

i had dsm's and a p28 on chrome(with a bad chip)...you could defentaly drive that thingy to the dyno...i drove mine.

the thing that scared me was, the chip that i got made for my "basemap" was wrong..there was no fuel other than stock for boost on the map, so i could have easly leaned out on the way up there. once i got up there my tuner told me the bad news about my chip, he burned me a new one and started over from scratch!

Just stay out of boost for the 2.5H drive. haha it will be hard but i beleive you can do it

Oh and another thing, mty self i woudl get the guy that knows how to tune do it...dont just let someone "play" with it, you never know what you could end up with!
By -EJ1- COUPE
#15590 undo the vaccum line so the wastgate cant build boost