Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ohDirka
teal_dx wrote:Repainted the rear bumper since it had some scratches. Next I need to wet sand and polish, then wax the car. Also thinking or raising it up a tiny bit.

Get that thing all shined up for some pictures! I'll be there next week!
By AutoXRacer
#334634 Everytime I take a look at your thread, I keep on wanting to get my ass down to the garage and get on my bodywork! haha But moving into a new house with a garage will be so much better. =)
By ohDirka
#337398 I bet it feels crazy fast when you drive that after driving the other cars. Keep that thing in running order so next time we can take some pictures man!
By Punksz6
teal_dx wrote:I've been driving the hatch to work one day a week:
:)

:woot:
By Virux
#338656 That's great that you're still driving it! Are you keeping it, then?

If you repaint it, my vote is for a nice teal. You know, to match your name. :wink:
By teal_dx
#342046 Nothing new on the car lately... it has been parked since fall. I'm going to replace the 10-yr old tokicos with new tokicos before I start driving it again. It was getting too bouncy and the rear shocks had been leaking for a while. Before I get it re-aligned, I'm going to raise it back up a little bit. I'd like to re-paint the suspension components while I have everything taken apart, too. :thumb:
By teal_dx
#347537 I drove the car one day last week, for the first time since October 2013. :)

I haven't had time to do any work on the car.
I have a set of Tokicos waiting to go on, since the ones on the car now are 10+ years old and pretty sure they all have to be leaking by now, because the ride is so bouncy.

If I ever do get around to putting those on, I'm going to raise the car back up a little bit. The front rubs when I turn too much with the wider tires. 205/50 on a 7" wheel vs. 195/50 on a 6.5" wheel when I lowered it.

I still need to get the car tuned, too.

I've been trying to avoid the inevitable- selling it- but as I get older, work more, drive less, spend more time with the fam, it makes more sense. Must of you will think I'm nuts, but having a kid put a new priority in my life and I never imagined I'd be dropping so many things I liked doing because I'd rather hang out with my kid. :)

I've been debating selling it as-is, or trying to finish up the suspension, tuning and a few other details and selling it for a little more (less likely because that's time I don't have), or parting it out and making the most $$ (least likely because that will take the most time to disassemble and I'll have to deal with a bunch of lowballers).
By Leppy
teal_dx wrote:I drove the car one day last week, for the first time since October 2013. :)

I haven't had time to do any work on the car.
I have a set of Tokicos waiting to go on, since the ones on the car now are 10+ years old and pretty sure they all have to be leaking by now, because the ride is so bouncy.

If I ever do get around to putting those on, I'm going to raise the car back up a little bit. The front rubs when I turn too much with the wider tires. 205/50 on a 7" wheel vs. 195/50 on a 6.5" wheel when I lowered it.

I still need to get the car tuned, too.

I've been trying to avoid the inevitable- selling it- but as I get older, work more, drive less, spend more time with the fam, it makes more sense. Must of you will think I'm nuts, but having a kid put a new priority in my life and I never imagined I'd be dropping so many things I liked doing because I'd rather hang out with my kid. :)

I've been debating selling it as-is, or trying to finish up the suspension, tuning and a few other details and selling it for a little more (less likely because that's time I don't have), or parting it out and making the most $$ (least likely because that will take the most time to disassemble and I'll have to deal with a bunch of lowballers).

Would you stay in the EG game? Maybe it's time to find a sedan! Most of the parts will swap over and you could make cruising around a family affair...
By teal_dx
Would you stay in the EG game? Maybe it's time to find a sedan! Most of the parts will swap over and you could make cruising around a family affair...

That was my original plan, or an integra sedan, and swap over my drivetrain, wheels, suspension etc.

The problem was finding a clean, unmolested 4-door. I drove some distances to look at some that were supposedly clean, only to find things like bondo, hidden rust behind nice paint, tampered odometers after checking carfax...
I must have high standards because most people's idea of clean is nowhere near what I would call clean.

I finally got tired of wasting my time and got the TSX 2 weeks before my daughter was born (Needed something to put a rear-facing baby seat in asap.)
I've had it a little over 2 years now and love it. So glad I kept looking until I found a 6-speed.

The TSX is a much safer car, which I also feel better about using to drive my family around.

I don't get much time to cruise around anywhere these days except to work or the store, but I do want to put wheels/suspension on the TSX. It will never be fast like a boosted EG though. :cry:
By Leppy
#347548 That's the problem with living up where it snows. You'd have to look farther south, like down here, where rust isn't a problem.

I see EG and EK sedans bought and sold here for cheap (sub $2k) that only need minor work, most not needing anything body-wise. From what I gather, that's rare up there.
By Axix23
#347555 It can be, slap a ctsc, rh, flashpro, 3" exhaust, CAI/sri and call it a day!! Dd and reliable and comfy for the baby!
By teal_dx
#347967 So I drove the hatch to work for the second time this year and it's running kinda poopy.
It's studdering/missing after driving for a while on the highway. I put some fresh +93 in with the old gas but it didn't help. It doesn't happen at first, just after driving for a while when I give it too much gas pedal, especially up hills. Feels like the spark plugs might be getting a little dirty- Probably because I don't drive it enough and the gas gets old.

On the plus side, I forgot how much fun corners and on-ramps can be :thumb: