Post YOUR Hatchback here
By CivicTypeR
#53924 Is the turbo on yet? :?
By teal_dx
#83614 jeez I have not updated this thread in months :oops:

Well There were some set backs :x , negative on the turbo kit.

First in fall of 2007, I started to notice a slight knock sort of a mid-pitch around 3000 rpm. I kept listening closely. It started around 1200 or so miles. Then by 1500-1600 miles it was definitely louder... rod knock :(

I took the oil pan & main girdle off to have a look...

Everything was ok and the main & rod bearings looked alright but I could see where the crank got hot (discoloration)

There's the bearings from rod 2... definitely not good for 1600 miles.
So I ordered all new rod bearings. The car sat for a while but after I replaced the bearings it ran & sounded perfect.

Next as it was getting colder, I noticed the temp gauge was high a few times. Then it got high to the H and I had to pull over and let it cool. The coolant was getting low and there was a gunky brown sediment under the radiator cap. :( Yep a head gasket leak.

I parked it for winter and changed the head gasket: http://www.civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=2865
I used copper spray this time, no way that's gonna leak again!

Also when the weather was starting to get cold, my slave cylinder went out on my way home and clutch pedal completely lost pressure. I was about 20 mins from home and as long as I didn't come to a complete stop I could shift w/o the clutch (tricky but possible at just the right RPM) Well I had a couple gear crunches. Eventually I got stuck at a light and had to take the car out of gear. Then I had to get a tow :x

So I put in a new Slave Cyl and all was well but now when I shift into 3rd at high RPM I got the 3rd gear crunch. As long as I shifted slow it was alright though. But a tranny rebuild was in the near future.

So I rebuilt the Countershaft: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=5555

and Main Shaft: http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=5469

And while I had everything apart was the perfect time to upgrade the stock open diff with a LSD from OBX.

http://civic-eg.com/viewtopic.php?t=4367

:twisted:
By teal_dx
#83619 Some pics from the 2008 Civic-EG bbq/photoshoot meet:

Yeah I put a CF tailgate on the night before the meet :woot:

with my twin:

And here's a pic after I test fitted my 3" Thermal exhaust:

and the last pic I took of my car on the road. Now it's in a garage for winter and will hopefully be boosted when it rolls out in the spring :woot:
By ChicagoMike
#83625 Bri, look into some wheel spacers, it'll give your car a much more aggresive stance. I'm running some Eibach 5mm spacers on mine, but they also have some 15mm ones as well.

Oh yeah, I luv the second to last pic.......sexy!! :thumb:
By smokinsoljah420
#83626 hahah flat ass ohio lol i love ohio but i love your hatchie even more!! :love:
By Faded_Milano
#83627 finally :woot:

It looks great. What amount of power are you shooting for with the turbo? Are you going to piece it together or buy a kit?
By teal_dx
#83631 I like the idea of the spacers. I used H&R ones on another vehicle and it looked much more aggressive. I'm gonna have to do some measuring to see how far I can bring the wheels out up front. With the rear fenders being rolled, I can do a lot in the rear.
8)

for the turbo, I'll be happy with 250 WHP. There's a couple pieces in my setup that are going to cap my HP in the low-mid 200 range. Down the road I might upgrade the manifold & wastegate and shoot for high 200 to 300 WHP range. The block can handle it and the 3" can deliver it. That would be about the max of this t3 super 60 and also the max HP rating of my clutch. I have a feeling that 250 in a car this light will scare the shit out of me at some point though, and I'll probably leave it alone :lol:
The complete turbo setup is at the bottom of page 6 of this thread.
By Faded_Milano
#83633 aha, very nice. I rode in trustdestruction's del sol and it scared me with just bolt ons and chipped stock d16z6 :P I can't imagine 250+
By biretsu89
#83645 you need a front lip! haha... that sucked about the rod bearings.... you did all of that with the motor in the car?

I want your hx's :thumb:
By Flyinby
#85095 lol you have another twin bro meet my buddy felipe aka b16t on clubeg6
By EgCruiser
#85163 with my twin:

Thats what I think, look at the picture people. Egs shall not have big rims, but good whit black rubber haha

got 2 love your eg man :thumb:
By LaMbErT*
#85214 Awesome work teal, can't beleive u rebuilt your gearbox ive done that a couple of times in college and it can be a real cunt! Your eg's looking great i think it would suit a c/f lip :D :thumb:

Where did u get the tailgate from if you don't mind me asking ?
By teal_dx
#85230 I bought the tail gate on craigslist.org, turns out the guy lived in my development. It was an almost new VIS for $300, although the fit was pretty horrible. I guess VIS is known for their hoods not tail gates :eh: