Post YOUR Hatchback here
By teal_dx
#11417 Not too much more, I don't want to slam it and risk banging up the underside on the crappy roads around here. Before it was lowered about 1 5/8" to 1 3/4"
Now it's raised up a little. I might go for a 2" drop since the fenders are rolled now. :hehe:

The tires on it now are 205/45/R16, a little big. they should be 205/40/R16

But I like the way it rides.

I think it will sit a little lower with the HX's on there 195/60/R14
By Greasedmonkey
#11483 Mine actually sat higher up with the 14s than it does with the 15s I have on it now.
By teal_dx
#11831 I have 150 miles on the new engine so far. I can tell the compression is getting higher and it's making more power. I haven't taken it past 3.5-4k range yet, but I want to soooo bad!!!

The clutch is getting a little easier to drive - or I'm getting used to a 6 puck.

I'm as hard core as I thought, I put in a radio on wed night :lol:
I didn't miss the radio while driving, but it was killing me at stop lights having dead silence or hear other people's radios.

I finally found my perch tools after tearing apart the garage, So I'm going to lower it a little more before I get it aligned.

The only incident so far was the bottom of the shifter coming undone from the shift linkage. Lucky I was only about 500 ft from my house when it happened. So I reached through the hole where the auto shifter cable was and grabbed the linkage. I was able to shift it into 3rd or 4th by hand, so I limped it home in 3rd. I'm sure the clutch loved 3rd gear starts. Between that and the brakes stuck on incident, this brand new clutch has taken some decent abuse with no signs of slippage. I kinda took a chance with the XTD but so far their stage 3 gets a :thumb: :thumb: from me.

The only other problem is the gas gauge. The tank had about 1/4 left when I tore the car apart. I drained it, so I figured I better turn the needle on the gas gauge to E. That may have not been the case... the first time I filled the tank, it took about 5-10 secs for the needle to move up to F. And now the needle has hardly moved down. It stayed on F for a while, then dropped to just under F, and now ujust dropped to 3/4. It seems like it should be a lot lower by now, especially since a fresh engine will get worse mileage untill it's broken in. So I'm not gonna trust the gauge yet...

I love driving it, I wake up in a good mood to go to work lately, even though it's only a 7-8 mile drive. It's like a big toy :love:
By chnzgoofball
#11833 are u planning to upgrade to coilovers for the suspension or just change the shocks? if ure changing the shocks i highly suggest koni yellows :thumb:
By ohDirka
#11837 hopefully ill be able to see it now
By ChicagoMike
teal_dx wrote:The only incident so far was the bottom of the shifter coming undone from the shift linkage. Lucky I was only about 500 ft from my house when it happened. So I reached through the hole where the auto shifter cable was and grabbed the linkage. I was able to shift it into 3rd or 4th by hand, so I limped it home in 3rd.

Bwahahahahha, I had the same thing happen to me when we first put my ITR motor in my EM1. Shiftin by the linkage through the lil hole in the floor. :lol:

Shitty thing is I had to drive for about 3 miles like that. :thumbdown:
By chnzgoofball
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:
teal_dx wrote:The only incident so far was the bottom of the shifter coming undone from the shift linkage. Lucky I was only about 500 ft from my house when it happened. So I reached through the hole where the auto shifter cable was and grabbed the linkage. I was able to shift it into 3rd or 4th by hand, so I limped it home in 3rd.

Bwahahahahha, I had the same thing happen to me when we first put my ITR motor in my EM1. Shiftin by the linkage through the lil hole in the floor. :lol:

my shift linkage droped from my tranny side when i first replaced the tranny forgot to put the safety c-clip on... and it was in traffic stuck in first gear.... :cry:
By ChicagoMike
chnzgoofball wrote:
AddictiveAllMotor wrote:

my shift linkage droped from my tranny side when i first replaced the tranny forgot to put the safety c-clip on... and it was in traffic stuck in first gear.... :cry:

Hahahaha, thats a shitty situation! :lol:
By ohDirka
#11867 so when do you plan on bolting on the turbo?
By LaMbErT*
teal_dx wrote:what's this safety C clip you speak of?

"Just incase i come across it sometime and chuck it out" he says :lol:
By teal_dx
#12411 I dropped it a little more and put on the mud flaps after giving them a good cleaning & finding some new hardware.

looks much better. I gotta get the HX's balanced and I'll probably put them on next week.
By ChicagoMike
#12412 Another 3/4" to 1" more drop!! C'mon teal......slam that shiz! 8) Your cars begging for it!! :lol:

On the real though, I love it!! :love:
By teal_dx
#12414 Any more and I'm asking for trouble... Right now at full turn, I have about 1" between the front tire & fender. You slammed fools must have perfect roads in your state :headscratch: