Post YOUR Hatchback here
By the ghoul
#121698 *emailed my link home to do some heavy reading!
man, your how-tos have helped me bunches, i cant wait to read thru all of this (getting out of work right now).
just by surfing the pritty pics it looks like you have done one hell of a job so far... .
nice clean tuck job in the engine bay! cant wait till mine looks the same!
By teal_dx
BLaCkSiLo wrote:yeah, i bet man...that's my plan, im going to run it on stock ECU for how ever long it takes me to gather turbo parts....build the bottom, make sure she's all good

how was it driving it NA? just like stock feel?

before it was auto, now it has si tranny with 9lb flywheel & 6 puck. car also weighed about 200 lbs less than before. So all those changes at once made it feel faster than stock. Plus I went from a d15b7/y8 mini-me to a fresh D16z6.
So it felt faster- engine gained more power as it got more miles and broke in.
By EGOX
#126606 Nice setup bro. is this ur DD?

ill be either building my z6 or swapping in a built y8. but either way im boosting. i plan to have around 300whp also. and this will be a DD :twisted:
just seems nutts as hell to have a fully built ride as a daily!! but i think im down.

all this thievery with these Hondas, im debating to make any honda (fixed up) a daily diver... especially a built 300whp Si. :?

decisions decisions...
By Ajax1989
teal_dx wrote:it was a DD, but when I got my 96 hx, it became a toy :thumb:
I'm working on finishing up the turbo system right now.

any pics of the turbo part of the build???
By BaTzEG92
#130549 :thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

4 thumbs up are necessary for this Teal, the time and effort were definitely worth it eh? Such a clean and sexy hatch haha.
By teal_dx
#130588 2 weeks until the OH meet... this is crunch time!
I need to install the 450cc's, 2.5 bar map, buy Hondata S300 and have it put in my P28 then get it tuned.
I don't know if I'll get the bumper painted in time, and doubt my interior will be together, highly doubt new brakes will be on.

The turbo setup is 95% complete. :woot:
I've been neglecting my build thread lately, but there will be a lotto come when I am able to catch up :thumb:
By ballistic
#132327 I'm curious to know how the XTD stage 3 clutch is holding up, I myself am about to order one for my turbo ej1, since my stock clutch is slipping like mad.
By teal_dx
#135002 About time for some updated pics!!!

my engine bay before...

turbo installed!

the ONLY filter I could find that would fit, and that was after I did some cutting/shortening on the base and denting in the mesh to clear the back of the headlight.

I went to push the car out and notice that it sat so long in the same place that spiders webbed it to the floor :lol:

first time the car saw day light in about 10 months!

Had to buy a new gasket & snap ring for my BOV, not installed yet in pic.

Drained the old gas before taking it to the tuner and ran into a fuel leak
:(
Even with a new crush washer, the drain bolt would not seal and dripped slowly. Here I had to angle the car to stop the leak and tried putting hondabond on the threads. Have not been back to see if it worked yet...

since I'm getting old (turn 31 tomorrow) I decided to sacrifice some weight for comfort. I started to put my interior back in. Gutted was loud as hell on the highway and my cargo rattled all over the place. I still may leave the back seats out and build some kind of flat floor eventually.

as i last left the car waiting for the hondabond to dry...

I hope to get it tuned this week, I decided to pony up and buy hondata s300 instead of the free CROME software.

That's all for now...
Last edited by teal_dx on Mon Aug 03, 2009 4:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
By BaTzEG92
#135006 Nice update, Teal. Still can't get over how clean she is, and wiretucks are so amazing, where do you hide it all?

I'd be afraid to take that thing on the road unless there was something akin to "The Happening" or "I Am Legend" haha, too many bad drivers, thieves, etc.
By Ajax1989
#135007 lookin good!!

how much hp are you hopin to push
By Ajax1989
#135012 250 sounds good :thumb:

good luck wit the tune
By BaTzEG92
#135014 Ahh, just enough to scare you if you get on it, eh? :D