Post YOUR Hatchback here
By ChicagoMike
#11196 Absolutely amazing how far this car has come just in the time I've been registered here, its not even the same car. :thumb:

Hows it handle????
By teal_dx
#11199 it still needs an alignment, but so far it's a blast to drive. The kumho's on there now are 5 yrs old, I think the tires are the weakest link for now.
My tokico blues in the rear have been leaking for the last few years, so the rear is starting to get a tiny bit of bounce. I can tell because there used to be absolutely no bounce at all... but I think there was one too many times of piling people in the back like firewood coming home from the bar. All the weight + the roads around Kent, I'm 99% sure that's what blew the shocks out :lol:
Back then it was still just a beater.

Now it will be worthy of an upgrade in the future :D

The 6 puck takes some getting used to... I must look like I just learned to drive stick. I am finally geting used to it, and then I went to move my mustang and I almost stalled it in the garage- completely opposite pedal feel & clutch.

The exterior is still missing the windshield & roof trim, splash guards, and needs wetsanded.
I started to put the mud flaps on last night, but they are disgusting from sitting around for 5 years. I'm not sure if I'll use them or not....

I need to paint the rest of the interior and cut a piece of sheet metal to go over the auto shifter cable hole. right now if I look down, I see the road lol.
By ChicagoMike
#11200 Omni coilovers FTW!! Thats what I'm going with next!!

I'm glad to see all that wrench time has payed off. I can tell you're happy with how it turned out.

Now its just the lil things to get it back to normal :thumb: then the turbo kit :woot:
By Skyu_Ivy
#11203 Your car is looking amazing :D Definately the perfect candidate for the next "Ride of the Month" :thumb: :thumb:
By Civic_HatchSI
#11208 Its looking great! the color is definatly a sweet choice nice work :thumb:
By teal_dx
Skyu_Ivy wrote:Your car is looking amazing :D Definately the perfect candidate for the next "Ride of the Month" :thumb: :thumb:

nah, it's still not ROTM worthy, I wouldn't vote for it :eh:

Now after I get the rest of the interior done and the turbo/exhaust on and the exterior finished.... then it will be ROTM material :woot:
By ohDirka
#11218 very nice teal...looks a little different outside the garage
By -EJ1- COUPE
#11224 nice great to see the car finally :thumb:
By stefan
#11240 Awesome man!!
I love it!
It could use some decent lowering, and mudflaps are FTW!
By fresh eh2*
stefan wrote:Awesome man!!
I love it!

yea i agree slam that bitch! :thumb: ahaha
but seriously the hatch looks real clean....great work!
By LaMbErT*
#11301 hmm well, i have to say dude im not liking the colour :o

Don't flame me people :lol:

But im glad mechanically tis going well!
By teal_dx
I love it!

You know, I read this and looked at the pics again and thought "damn that is sitting kind of high" It used to look lower, and I have not touched the suspension... but it was never sitting like that before :?
Then the next day I realized "duh, it's probably higher because there's no weight inside and everything but the motor/tranny/battery has been gutted under the CF hood. I was going to take it in for an alignment today, but I'm going to lower it a little bit more tonight and then get it aligned :thumb:

Good looking out!
By Bouli
I love it!

x2

yes indeed. some slamming/mudflaps would do great !

ow btw use some silicon spray on your tires, then the're going to turn black, but it's just the details

props for you car m8 !
By fresh eh2*
teal_dx wrote:
I love it!

You know, I read this and looked at the pics again and thought "damn that is sitting kind of high" It used to look lower, and I have not touched the suspension... but it was never sitting like that before :?
Then the next day I realized "duh, it's probably higher because there's no weight inside and everything but the motor/tranny/battery has been gutted under the CF hood. I was going to take it in for an alignment today, but I'm going to lower it a little bit more tonight and then get it aligned :thumb:

Good looking out!

sounds good make sure u take some pics. how much more u plan to lower it?