Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Mordiiax
#42715 Hey, i've been surfing this forum for a while now it is nice to see a website dedicated to the eg chassis. I thougt i would make a thread and introduce myself while i also practice on my english :D
My previous Honda cars include an '88 CRX, '03 CTR EP3 and still in my belongings a Honda Accord 2.2 Aerodeck -92.
Other cars that i used to have: Volvo 240 -83, Corrado G60-91, BMW 318is -91, MB 2.3-16v -88, Volvo 960 -96.
I live in the middle of Sweden where we got snow, salt and very cold weather from November to Mars and thats why my latest Civic gets to rest and become trackworthy during this period. All the rust have been fixed by previous owner and a new layer of paint has been put on.

This is the specs of my car when i bought it in the middle of Januari:
* Captiva blue.
* B16a2 engine.
* S9b gearbox
* VTi brakes.
* Ambercorners.
* Black hood.
* Terrible altezzas in the rear :thumbdown:
* Worn down MOMO steeringwheel, shiftnob and pedals.
* Granny interior with blue carpets.
* 14" wheels with winter tyres.
* Originaldampers with sleeves.
* No exhaust after b-pipe.
* Removed airbox, replaced with open airfilter.

With this car i plan to go as many trackdays as possible. I live about 100 kilometers from "Mittsverigebanan" so i feel very lucky in that matter.
Here is a clip of me driving on "Mittsverigebanan" (translates into 'Mid Sweden Track') with my old EP3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AevZuBuVkik

This is what i plan to do before 1st May as far as money and time allows me.
Step 1
* Remove decals.
* Change taillights to original [DONE]
* Paint the hidious silver side skirts [DONE] (Biltema Satin Black)
* Install coilovers [DONE]
* Install Ingalls camber kit front and rear [DONE]
* Change exhaust. Axleback has highest priority but i hope for good pay at my job :P Spoon N1 looks nice. [DONE]
* Strip the interior from drivers seat and back. [DONE]
* Legend brakesetup (Prelude calipers, MG discs, steel braided hoses, trackfriendly pads. [DONE]
* Install my red Sparco Evo at drivers side. [DONE]
* ITR 23mm swaybar, F7 LCA´s, ASR [DONE]
* Lenzo VPD [DONE]
* To roll on at the track. Spoon sw388
* Switch to Spoon gearnob and change the gear lever (existing one is sawed off) and ES bushings. [DONE]
* Buy suede steeringwheel.
* Engine management tuning.

Pictures:

F�re=before and efter=after

Interior after purchase.

New drivers chair

Rear end

Beneath the bonnet

For the track, Lenso VPD

This and some other small things is what i have done so far. A few more products is soon to arrive from the U.S and as seen above there is already parts that have arrived. A lot of time left until the summer, lucky me ;)

If there is any questions, suggestions or requests i'll be glad to answer :)
(And yes, it is allowed to correct misspelled words :thumb:)
Last edited by Mordiiax on Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:13 am, edited 5 times in total.
By JLau
#42718 Wow, very clean!!! :thumb:
By asianrob
#42719 nice
By Mordiiax
#42735 Thanks for the comments :)
About the color, it is captiva blue. But it looks a bit strange at the pictures :wink:
The condition is great, but there is a lot to me done still. And when the dollar is cheap and the stockmarket is like a rollercoaster all you can do is buy stuff from usa and wait for the parts to arrive instead of buying expensive stuff from nearby :D
By CivicTypeR
#42761 Love it! :thumb: more people turning to OEM lights = better
By stefan
#42764 Welcome to Civic-EG.com man, you sure did own a lot of nice cars before the EG you have now :)
By Mordiiax
#42768 Thanks :)
I miss the ability to steer with my right foot a bit when i go to the track like i could in the BMW and Mercedes, but Honda is so much better when it comes to handle like a racecar. I don´t think i ever gona leave Honda :woot2:
By Mordiiax
#44704 Me and my friend Stefan did some work on the car yesterday.

Ingalls camberkit in front and Koni Coilovers.
Pictures can be clicked for bigger version

It became pretty low, but i will adjust that later. No slamming! :P

Coilover in place in the rear. The LCA had to be loosend for the fork to take place

And this is how it looks now :)

I will raise the front up a bit and lower the back, then i will search for a place to cornerweight the car.
We where gona install Ingalls rear camberkit also, but forgot to pick up new bolts in case of the already existing ones being in bad condition.
I also put on my Lenso rims for the sweet summer feeling ;)

To do -list before summer.
*Buy and install axleback exhaust.
*Buy and install air filter kit.
*Buy trackday tires.
*Buy brakes!
*Hope for the stock market to turn to my favour :D (Go USA!)
By Mordiiax
#51456 Another update.

I have installed a carbon fibre "whalecock".

This Spoon N1 axleback should arrive soon from the UK

Some gold paint on my new 23mm rear swaybar

And this is what happend today...
My friend "Piranha" made me a few more adjusting spanners becouse the one Koni offered with the kit is too big.
Very useful!

Adjusted the camber at the front wheels. Very happy with Ingalls so far!

I tried to install a Spoon style lip, but it fitted the front very bad so a friend of mine will have it instead.

I could not resist taking the car for a first spin outside the garage :D

My everyday car and my trackday car.

Now it´s only a few minor things left to to before i can put it to some track use.
1) Switch shift lever.
2) Fix rattle around the exhaust.
3) Install Spoon exhaust when it arrives.
4) Wheel alignment.
5) Switch to Carbotech XP8 pads and Motul RBF600.
6) Drive it like a maniac!

(I see on the pics that the rear section looks "naked" and i will search for a bigger wing when the economy allows it :))
Last edited by Mordiiax on Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By id3379
#51466 tuckin low like it should :thumb:
By Mordiiax
#51510 Thanks alot :thumb:

Actually, my job yesterday in the garage was to raise the suspension in the front. I was running 10mm lower before :P
By Chance
#51511 Welcome to the site! Very nice work on the hatch, love it. Oh and about your english, Its actually better than most americans, Props to you :thumb:
By Mordiiax
#51513 Haha, thanks ;)

I need some advise on what rims to buy for my late night cruising around town. 15 " Rota Jmag or polished Slipstreams?