Post YOUR Hatchback here
By Einarv
#358603 Hello guys i have been very inactive here for the last 2 years or so but im gonna make up for it now :thumbup:

I bought this Honda Civic EG6 shell one year ago and it was in a pretty bad shape to be honest.
the car had been dissembled before and was on its way to the trash but a buddy of mine bought the car and stored it in a warehouse for almost 2 years if im not lying.

So when i did pick up the car there was alot i needed todo everything for the undercarriage of the car was junk and from some other cars just to have the shell sitting og wheels. the wiring had been torn apart on many places and fuel lines and brake lines had also been taken apart so basicly i needed to wire up everything back and change everything for the undercarrigage.
i hope the pictures will tell the story better then my english :)

I Bought an B18c4 Engine and LSD transmission
Nýtt rafkerfi komið í og byrjað að raða aftur saman að innan
The first packets to arrive !
Mine is on the left and on the right is one for EK4 that my friend has
Stage 4 Clutch kit
Edelbrock
The motor going in
einn ánægður drengur með 17 ára bílinn sinn :)
Walbro 450L E85 fuel pump vs Orginal pump
Starting putting the turbo on
Intercooler pípurnar pössuðu ekki allveg haha
This hose there was a joke hope you can forgive me
The licence plates are on
ECU Mapping time using a chipped P28 ECU
We did get awsome power from the car but it lasted very short ! one street or so :eek:

So then i got angry and put the car inside the garage and did not touch it untill few days ago i started working again on it.

So i got another Engine 2 of them actually and more stuff on the way for it

Megasquirt 2 Standalone ECU
MSD Full setup
Zetronix wideband og digital boost ecu
and mostly everything i need for the engine.
Eagle h-beam rods
CP Pistons
Golden eagle blockgouard
ARP Head and main studs
OEM Type-R oil pump
OEM Waterpump
New headgasket
ACL Main, Rod and thrust bearings
And Gates timing belt kit

and when the engine is back in and running i will start working on the car it self brake upgrades and suspension upgrade maybe i will fix the body and paint it we will see.
By teal_dx
#358605 That shell looks to be in great shape... around here discarding a rust-free shell might as well be a crime.
What happened to the first setup? Looks like some nasty pre-detonation? Bad tune?

Awesome work so far :headbang: :thumb:
By EconoBox
#358625 Interesting build!

I'm all for standalone ECUs on a lot of cars but on EGs you are better off to be running some version of Hondata or Neptune using the OEM ECU. They both offer a ton of features and the fact that they are contained in the stock ECU. There are also a ton of base maps already out there to start from so you don't end up exploding the engine while tuning again.

Also I noticed from the overlay text in one of your pictures that you were at 1.2bar of boost?! That's around 17.5 psi way way way too high for an untuned B series. Back it down to 3-4 psi while you dial in the tune and then slowly increase it with new wastegate springs or a boost controller gradually while you are tuning to avoid the detonation.
By Einarv
#358631 I did have an Chipped P28 last summer on stock internals i thought that we ware not boosting to much then, the plan was just to run 1 week and back to the garage to build the engine there is a car festival in june every year and i wanted to go but that did not work as a plan.

but now im waiting for my shipment from Realstreetperformance.com wit everything i need for my engine and now i do have an Megasquirt 2 Standalone with MSD ignition system and bigger fuel injectors i only had 750cc back then but now i have 1200cc

i think im aiming for 20 PSI af boost to begin with on the built engine
By EconoBox
#358633 Real St. Performance is only about an hour drive from me. Good guys from the couple times I have ordered from them :thumb:

I'm just giving you a warning that I have never heard anything good running the megasquirt on Hondas, I've always heard it is far more trouble than it is worth. I really hope it works out for you.

With a sleeved block, some stronger rods and pistons, 20 psi with a good tune should be a lot of fun!