Post YOUR Hatchback here
By AdiDragan
#357463 Hi there,

Now... I've been quietly stalking around here for a couple of months, drooling over all the beautiful civic on this forum and in all honesty being quite envious about those with awesome swaps since I have absolutely no mechanical expertise, or even a garage where to practice and can't afford paying other people to do stuff for me. But I decided it's finally time to start being talkative and stuff and to do that I'll introduce to you my 1994 Civic DX. It's the EDM version so it has the carbureted D13B2 making an astonishing 75hp! Or at least it made 75 when it came out the factory gates, nowadays not so sure. I got for 1000$ 3 years ago. It's got electric windows, electric sunroof, power steering and a working A/C. I added an OEM armrest (took me 3 months to find one for sale in my country) and a single DIN center console so I'll have where to put in a CB later on. Absolutely no power but otherwise a great daily driver, gets about 40 mpg. 253k on the odo. (which I know of) and still runs great.

I got it freshly painted in August (and a neighbor backed into the driver side fender two weeks later so I'll have to get that fixed and repainted... again). For now, since it's my daily driver and I have nowhere (and no money) to actually work on it's technical bits, all modifications will be aesthetic. The wheels will get replaced by some better looking ones, I'm thinking black with a chrome or polished lip, but for practical reasons they'll only be 14" or 15" (current wheels will be reassigned to winter driving),the windows will get tinted, I've got new headlights with black background on order (JDM style, not angel eyes), gonna get it a front lip spoiler, and later on, probably next summer it'll receive some coil-overs to lower it a bit. Roads here are horrible and I am planning on continuing to use it as a daily driver so I can't lower it as much as most cars here, and there will be absolutely no camber.

And hopefully, somewhere if the far future, if I can get enough money, after I get it done aesthetically, and I get a second car and a place where I can actually work on this as a project so I no longer depend on it as a daily driver, I want to go straight for a J-swap, since hell, if I'm still going to go thru the legal trouble of engine swaps (which in my country is bureaucracy hell and usually means some bribing), might as well be for something a bit more unique. But until then, and it'll be years, it'll keep puttin' around with the little gas sippin' 1.3. Also notice my Frankenmuffler. It's 3 mufflers welded into one. Stock civic piping and braces welded to a mystery fart generator (I really haven't the slightest clue where the actual muffler is from, found it in a friend's attic and he gave it to me) and the chrome-y tip is off a Honda Transalp.

Also notice my Frankenmuffler. It's 3 mufflers welded into one. Stock civic piping and braces welded to a mystery fart generator (I really haven't the slightest clue where the actual muffler is from, found it in a friend's attic and he gave it to me) and the chrome-y tip is off a Honda Transalp. I'll get it a proper muffler later on.
Last edited by AdiDragan on Tue Nov 03, 2015 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Driv-it-hard
#357464 Adi,
First off, WELCOME to the site.
Beautiful car and I love your passion for your car. I hope to see more of your car soon.
Make it you own and not someone else dream.
By AdiDragan
#357511 Thanks y'all, I'm gonna post a picture or two of where my neighbour dented my fender and of the home-made-ish muffler, as soon as I get my stubborn phone to want to connect to my PC...
By AdiDragan
#357535 Behold, the rusty horror that is my low hanging franken-muffler.

And here's the bended fender.

Also some random person on a local facebook group generously donated me a less banged up fender than my current one is. Problem is that for some strange reason they decided to cut out the bit where that little plastic piece goes. Oh well... I'll take it to the bodyshop next week or so and let the guy there decide which one will come out better when getting fixed.
By AdiDragan
#357615 Just dropped her off at the bodyshop this morning to get that fender fixed. New headlights should arrive on wednesday and I got to slap on the winter snow pizza cutters after it comes back from the shop.