Post YOUR Hatchback here
By rusty_eg3
#356918 Hey guys! I present you my rust bucket. Bought this car for 300 EUR (339 $). The car was heavily rusted at the rear wheel arches and the left rocker panel. Swiss cheese all around though the floor is fine. The engine runs fine, only needed oil, filters and spark plugs changed. The engine is a d13b2 1.3 16v PGM-Carburated, I know that it doesn't exist in the US so that's why I'm telling you. :)) Planning to swap a d16 or a b16 in there, for now i'm VERY satisfied with the fuel consumption. I drove it like that for a few months and now that the winter is coming :)) I've decided to sort out its rust isssues as i'm planning to keep it for a long time. SUGGESTIONS ARE WELCOME especially regarding the protection of the welded areas. I'm paying someone to fabricate the wheel arches and rocker panel and weld them. Here are some pics.
Attachments
2015-10-17 12.54.04.jpg
2015-10-17 12.54.11.jpg
2015-10-17 12.54.32.jpg
2015-10-17 12.54.58.jpg
2015-10-17 13.08.04.jpg
By rusty_eg3
#356928 I already bought the quarter panels and decided to cut them in a circular shape (as you probably know the upper part is kinda rectangular). As for the wheel wells, i found only OEM ones and they're expensive as f*** and paid someone to fabricate them. Any suggestions regarding the protection of the welds? :D Pleeeease. I live in Europe so some of the products/brands may not be available.
By rusty_eg3
#357697 UPDATE!!!
The build hasn't progressed too much, the guy that did the welding is a pro but he works soooooo slow and has a couple of other cars he's currently working on. Now the car must be sanded properly, primed and painted. It's been almost two weeks since he finished welding and now he just stalls me...I hope it'll be ready until Christmas, I'm losing my patience.
Attachments
image_5.jpg
The whole rocker panel was fabricated, including the one underneath
image_4.jpg
image_3.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
By TrailerTrash
#357700 hell yeah it is

that stuff is so tedious and quite a pain in the arse.
By rusty_eg3
#357839 Finally!!

The car is ready for over a week now but I haven't had a chance to post these pictures earlier. I've rear ended another car the next day after I picked the car up from the body shop. :( Luckily only a headlight suffered significant damage. I'll be posting more pictures next spring, right now I have to pay some debts so no more mods in the near future. Next upgrades: A new and slightly lower suspension, rear disc conversion and maybe an engine swap.

Thank you all for keeping this community alive and Happy Holidays to everyone!!!
Attachments
DSCN2207.JPG
DSCN2206.JPG
DSCN2203.JPG
DSCN2202.JPG
Here I forgot to put the side skirt on, it looks a bit odd
DSCN2197.JPG
DSCN2195.JPG
By suspendedHatch
#357840 Very nice. Love the red. I envy anyone who gets or can do bodywork. It's the one step I've never gotten to. Whenever I need a shop to do something, it never goes right for me. It's my curse. I'm going to have to learn to do it myself someday.

Since it was carbureted, you'll need to swap the fuel lines and pump from the tank to run an engine swap. Not a big deal but it's something you wont come across in any write-ups since they're all based on EFI cars.

Get some pics on location out in the sunlight!
By rusty_eg3
#358813 Hey everyone. It's been a while since I've last posted (or did anything to the car). This winter has been extremely rough and having a relatively low car can be a huge headache (underbody scraping on dirty ice...not pretty). This weekend I've painted the rear wheel arches with primer and rubberized paint. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Attachments
image_3(1).jpg
image_3.jpg
image_1fe.jpg
image_1.jpg
image.jpg
image(1).jpg
By rusty_eg3
#6907644 Hey everyone! I haven't had a chance to post here in the las year because I've been super busy with work, life and obviously the hatch. I've sold the hatch at the beggining of this thread, after saving it from the junkyard :D . Now, I present you the slow hatch that is faster than the previous. It's an EG4 d15b2 with Del Sol seats and sunroof, bone stock. It had a bit of accident damage in the rear left corner which was hack-repaired, will do a proper repair in the future. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

1.jpg
kinda dirty, oh well, that's how I bought it
2.jpg
few parts the hatch really needed in the beginning
3.jpg
filled the motor mounts with windshield silicone because I thought they were too soft
4.jpg
refurbished Del Sol ESi 7/8 brake pump
5.jpg
a picture of the parts the night before I installed them
6.jpg
decided to sell the OZ F1 wheels that came with the hatch and put my old Mille Miglia MM9 (1991) because they are more period correct
By rusty_eg3
#6907645 Since I can only post 6 attachments in a message, this is part 2:

7.jpg
this is the accident damage I've been talking about
8.jpg
I'm no metal worker but I like to think this is a good job that will hopefully hold until the proper repair
9.jpg
sealed, ready for paint
10.jpg
OEM Civic sedan muffler which obviously had to be modified to fit the hatch
12.jpg
ghetto painted the calipers until, will buy 262 mm VTi brakes in the future, for now, these will do
13.jpeg
finally got a chance to underseal the front of the car, rear arches coming soon
By rusty_eg3
#6907648 Unfortunately I don't have too many pictures of the wheels mainly because they're not in very good shape.

I'm planning to refurbish them professionally in the near future (no DIY stuff) but that kind of repair exceeds my budget right now. Maybe polish the hell out of the lip and paint the spokes gunmetal? It seems like a good idea to me.

These are the same wheels at the beginning of this thread, only difference is that they were painted Toyota Phantom Grey but I've decided to throw brake fluid and paint stripper on them since they had numerous scratches and curb rash and also who painted them didn't do a very good job.

Here is the best photo I have right now and a bonus one from the Mille Miglia 1991 catalog. More pics/mods coming soon! :D
Attachments
vrvr.png
it says 6Jx14. I have the 7Jx15 variant in case you're wondering
IMG_20170415_140440.jpg
Notice that the license plate says "LPH". That stands for Low Performance Honda. And as a side note, the car still has the factory rocker panels and rear arches, almost no rust at all, only a small hole (1/2 inch) in the rear right arch, where the bumper connects to it.