Post YOUR Hatchback here
By stubrun
#355215 Hey guys, its been a while since I posted on here but I have got my self another project.
My favourite as always automatics as they are cheaper than manuals and a coddle to convert.
Its a 93 eg5 d16z6 vtec, 51k miles on the clocks and belonged to they same family from new. the body work is a bit tatty and needs some attention.
To the pics
Even has its original tape player
Imagehttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e138/ej6civicoupe/IMAG1002_zps5ojolgo9.jpg[/img][/URL]
Engine removed and the bay cleaned up
New gearbox
And auto-manual mount
The rear bumper was removed as the rear arches are to be replaced.
The inner arches need replacing too
My ek9 donated the steel required
And sealed, just need to weld the new arch on
Last edited by stubrun on Sat Aug 22, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By teal_dx
#355372 Nice work! Is this your first EG? Rear arches turned out great, I'd have guessed that you had done the repairs sometime before. :thumb:
By vince72310
#355375 i just converted my hatch from auto to stick! i also swapped the motor, chekc out my thread for pics, i think its on page 5 & 6. Good luck man there are alot of parts that involve the swap
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

By stubrun
#355450 cheers, no this is the 11th eg I have owned lol. I have had various Hondas over the past 11 years.
By stubrun
vince72310 wrote:i just converted my hatch from auto to stick! i also swapped the motor, chekc out my thread for pics, i think its on page 5 & 6. Good luck man there are alot of parts that involve the swap
:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

I have done 4 auto to manual swaps, its all good but thank you for the reply :)

in your picture, you are missing the manual flywheel bolts ;)
By stubrun
#355456 today, I had a go at the passenger side and this was a lot easier.

more to follow, then hopefully paint
By TrailerTrash
#355459 looks nice man!

ive been down that same road with the rusted out wheel wells. but its very satisfying to fix them yourself
By stubrun
#355467 Thank you, it's been a long time coming, I've had a mig welder for months and finally blew the dust off it