Post YOUR Hatchback here
By mid_egf22
#355141 Inside interior firewall sound deadened and other side of it has a nice reflective aluminum/ fiberglass heat shield to keep heat inside of ummmm TRUNK ENGINE BAY. Guess I'll call it that. Going to be a tight fit for passengers but main reason I want to put rear seats into my eg is to make it not look so suspicious of a monster in my trunk for them poe-poes. My whole firewall is easily removeable with simple bolt offs in just about 2 minutes in case I ever needed to access anything or swap out engine. Makes for a very maintenance friendly mid engine.

Last edited by mid_egf22 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mid_egf22
#355143 Almost all covered up in this picture. U might ask why there is a cut out for the intake manifold.before I had the engine setup with no provision for rear seats. But now that rear seats are going in I had to relocate my engine 2" back design a new turbo manifold. More on that in the future. But guess it'll be an easy access for me to easily recalibrate my tps sensor. Worked out for the best :?

By mid_egf22
#355144 Sorry for bad quality pictures guys and gals. Only got a smart phone to use so yeah. gas tank is a bit dirty so don't mind it. Needs a tie down bracket for that gas tank. Possibly looking forward to building my own aluminum tank to fit at least 10 gallons and reshaped in case of front end collisions. Thats just a few hundred $$$ away for nice spool gun, argon tank and aluminum welding wire. Sponsors accepted hahah. hope that mishimoto radiator that I got off Craigslist for a 5.0 mustang don't make my car weaker due to domestic reasons.

In this picture u can also see my temporary throttle mock up cable. Will definitely need to work on that one of these days.

Last edited by mid_egf22 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
By mid_egf22
#355145 Forgot to post this up a while back for those who will want to attempt something like this in their future and the ones who where curious as to how and what I used.

Last edited by mid_egf22 on Mon Aug 03, 2015 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
By mid_egf22
#355146 Here is one of the two linkage mounting brackets I fabricated from scratch.

By mid_egf22
#355147 Something we always think about last. E brake and brake lines. I'm sure I don't have to explain what those two silver cylinders are ;)

By mid_egf22
#355148 Messing around with some piping for a turbo collector.

By mid_egf22
#355149 Like they say "FIRST THE WORST, SECOND THE BEST". Left one was the step child and right one is well I guess the better of the two step children. They both won't be used on my real turbo manifold. Guess third time will be the charm or maybe I just like to waste time, welding gas, welding wire, and pipes.

By mid_egf22
#355150 My temporary turbo manifold. Actually its not even temporary its just a prototype. With a build like this u sometimes just have to build and rebuild because so many things come up especially if u want to design a manifold that'll give good flow and allow for back seats. Why do I have to try and do the impossible sometimes. Oh well It'll be worth it in the end I hope

By mid_egf22
#355262 Is anybody on this site familiar with or have personal experience with phenolic thermal intake gaskets and what type of phenolic to use for a DIY intake manifold gasket. Need something impervious to oil and gasoline? Mainly looking for people with personal experience on an exact type of phenolic or someone with harcore data on the types to use?
By teal_dx
#355351 Not sure how I'm just now seeing this thread... Amazing work man! :thumb: :thumb:
I love seeing custom fabrication and builds where there is no turning back. :woot:
By Civic_HatchSI
#356172 This is absolutely amazing! I have never seen this done on a EG before, great work buddy!
By iLLson
#356173 how much time and $ have you invested in the manifold?

looks like the spoolin performance manifold i have